PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How much device storage question

I have 15MB of device storage left on my phone after everythng is said and done, is that enough or should I worry about this???
Old 02-17-2009, 01:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: How much device storage question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
I have 15MB of device storage left on my phone after everythng is said and done, is that enough or should I worry about this???
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it but it's really up to you. Your program memory is technically more important anyway. have you tried clearing ie cache and especially clearing opera cache. opera uses a tremendous amount of space. Hey Pask, I seem to be your answer man tonight!!ha ha.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

how do I clear the opera cache???
Old 02-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Applications such as MemMaid and SKTools will do this and bunches more to help keep your device healthy.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
how do I clear the opera cache???
you need to go into opera, then select the bottom right tab, then settings, privacy, clear cache. you should notice an increase in memory.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:44 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

is there any way to actually tell how much of the 4gb of storage are being used? ive disected this diamond and see nothing in it that show any gb of any sort. and i cannot even see it through connecting throught the pc? its almost as if i dont have the 4gb of storage. please help...
Old 02-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
is there any way to actually tell how much of the 4gb of storage are being used? ive disected this diamond and see nothing in it that show any gb of any sort. and i cannot even see it through connecting throught the pc? its almost as if i dont have the 4gb of storage. please help...
yes, go to the task manager icon in the upper right corner, select it and select the percentage which takes you to the screen with the memory for storage memory and program memory listed. On the tab below, there is a storage card tab and it will tell you how much internal storage memory you have used and left.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:02 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
yes, go to the task manager icon in the upper right corner, select it and select the percentage which takes you to the screen with the memory for storage memory and program memory listed. On the tab below, there is a storage card tab and it will tell you how much internal storage memory you have used and left.
i did that and what it reads is : Total storage card memory: Not installed

any ideas?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:09 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
i did that and what it reads is : Total storage card memory: Not installed

any ideas?
ok, you need to remap your internal storage. this is a bug with the diamond. there is a hotfix on the htc america site under the Sprint Diamond section. Here is the link for the hotfix:

http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloa...act=sd&cat=all

this should fix it. hopefully you didnt lose anything.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

down to 11 megabytes of device storage, is this still ok? I'm not seeing any effect from it??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond