PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Chinese Input and Display (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58735)

sephirothhoo 02-22-2009 06:20 AM

Chinese Input and Display

2 Attachment(s)
I am able to view/send chinese SMS on Verizon network after I install uhei and PlumSIP on my Diamond. :D

creedin 02-22-2009 08:26 PM

Re: Chinese Input and Display

Quote:

Originally Posted by sephirothhoo (Post 729706)
I am able to view/send chinese SMS on Verizon network after I install uhei and PlumSIP on my Diamond. :D

im assuming your sending it to an american phone? they probably don't have the font files on their phone. idk just a thot

sephirothhoo 02-26-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedin (Post 730754)
im assuming your sending it to an american phone? they probably don't have the font files on their phone. idk just a thot

I sent it to myself for testing. LoL Well, I do get some international sms from asia. That's why I install it in the first place. :)

y2kchris1986 02-26-2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Thanks for sharing the information,
I tried it on my touch Diamond, but some how the my phone doesn't read the chinese Text msg I sent to myself, I wonder if it's because of my carrier, Sprint.

Were you able to read chinese just by using the CE STAR or other chinese SIP ?

Thanks

CozBoogie 02-26-2009 02:39 PM

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz

Fixup 02-26-2009 03:46 PM

I use CE-star, works very well on all my WM phones including Diamond. You don't have to buy it, just delete the DynaNls shortcut from StartUp and it'll run forever. The only hassle is to restart CE-star after 10 minutes while input text.

The problem with SMS is, most US carriers do not support foreign characters, your SMS becomes garbage after passing through these SMS gateways.

I just tested, when I send a Chinese SMS to my Verizon (PagePlusCellular) Diamond, it is still garbage. I used VoipDiscount to send SMS; no problem if the receiving phone is in China. But, if I send to US phones they become garbage because US SMS gateways do not recognize these characters.

When you send from the same phone to the same phone, it just moves the SMS from the outbox to the inbox so you see it right right after. Waite for few minutes for the SMS to go through the Verizon SMS gateway and back to your phone, then you'll see garbage.

Is the uhei font GBK? The Sunglobe font is, will show both simplified and traditional.

Fixup 02-26-2009 05:00 PM

Wow, this PlumSip is great!!! Yes, the uhei font can show both simplified and traditional, and looks better than the sunglobe!!! Bye to CE-Star.

sephirothhoo 02-26-2009 10:20 PM

not sure how you send it? I send the sms to myself and i got chinese back. It is not moved from outbox to inbox. I have to wait for few second for the sms come back.

lou2004 06-26-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Cool...after installed uhei and plumSIP I can send sms to verizon wireless phone now. I couldn't do that with CEStar. The font is not as nice as CEstar though. Any setting can make it looks better???

hurstian 08-30-2009 06:13 PM

Sorry to sound like idiot. But can somebody please tell me how to install the uhei and Plum SIP Pro? I have a Touch Diamond in Sprint.