PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Boxwave Screen Protectors (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58622)

violent31601 02-21-2009 06:01 PM

Re: Boxwave Screen Protectors

Actually they are not that tacky at all, thats what i use on my ipod touch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 728053)
Yeah I am getting tired of it too. Where do you get the Shieldskinz?

*edit* OK, I found it... with an "s" ttp://www.shieldskins.com/servlet/StoreFront

*edit* These also say they provide more grip. I'm guessing they are "tacky" like the InvisibleShield.

Drybonz 02-21-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent31601 (Post 728354)
Actually they are not that tacky at all, thats what i use on my ipod touch

Cool. How are they on fingerprints?

TimBal 02-21-2009 06:22 PM

I've had both Boxwave and Zagg. Boxwave is by far better in my opinion. Zagg's does seem a little sticky during use. Boxwave seems more like the stock protector.

6700noobie 02-23-2009 06:03 AM

I use the boxwave product on my apache. It works great! Hard to tell that there's something there. It's like a thin viewfoil like material that has the stick properties of those things you stick on the windows of your car. If it gets dirty, you just wash it and shake off the water and re-apply. I've had it on my apache for almost 3 years. Would have been longer if I didn't break my screen (no fault of the screen protector, nothing can protect itself from my temper :( )and then replace it. Now the protector is on the new screen.

I saw some products on ebay that sound like they have the same properties. Will get them in the mail soon, I'm hoping that it's the same product as the boxwave. I got 5 for under $6.

Unknownforce 02-23-2009 12:01 PM

I use the Boxwave ones myself. I tried some of the cheaper ones, because let's be honest, $13 for a thin piece of plastic is kind of ridiculous. But, after trying the cheapo stuff, I decided to try the "brand-name-not-so-cheapo" stuff. And It's just like the one they give you in the box. Fits my Sprint Diamond perfectly and it's like it isn't even there.

Fingerprints are normal, but wipe off easily. Last easily a good few months if you're not using the damned belt pouch for the phone... The first BoxWave one I had got a total of 3 days because of that damn belt pouch... caught on the corner without my realizing it and when I took it out, it was bent backwords on the corner. No easy way to fix that. ](*,) Bye Bye $13! Haha. But other than that, they work great. very smooth to the touch, response is very good from the phone when using it.

It does start to get grainy after a few months though... Not horrible or anything, but definitely noticable.

They are a pain to put on though, but then again they all are. I still haven't found a good way to do it, I can never get it to line up perfectly, and I end up getting a little bit of dust particles in between the screen and the protector. And those stick out like a sore thumb. :disgust:

Other than the price, the initial application of them, and the fact that they don't last forever... They work out quite nicely.

violent31601 02-23-2009 03:11 PM

then ones that just get "applied" on don't last very long if you put them in your pocket. It only takes one time for a corner to get bent backwards to screw the whole protector up.

The best ones are the ones that you actually use 'liquid' to apply on

sprintnerd 02-23-2009 04:52 PM

How about this one, I have not use it but it may help the pocket book.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...nes/Categories

Unknownforce 02-23-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent31601 (Post 732715)
then ones that just get "applied" on don't last very long if you put them in your pocket. It only takes one time for a corner to get bent backwards to screw the whole protector up.

The best ones are the ones that you actually use 'liquid' to apply on

I beg to differ. My phone is in my pocket all day long, and I never had the edge fold up on it. I wear blue jeans and dress pants on a regular basis. It was the damned belt pouch that made mine fold up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprintnerd (Post 733028)
How about this one, I have not use it but it may help the pocket book.

www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-Cell-Phones/Categories

Can't say, the description of whatever that is is very vague... who knows what you actually get. But seriously... you're penny pinching here. It's like buying a Ferrari and putting low grade oil and fuel into it... You've already spent the money for the phone... you're paying X amount for the plan and insurance... throw a couple more bucks at it and get one that you know will work, instead of wasting the money on one that probably won't work and end up having to buy the one that will anyways!

sprintnerd 02-23-2009 07:24 PM

Just giving the users another option, Not sure how well it works, maybe someone will speak up and give us some feed back.

violent31601 02-23-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownforce (Post 733078)
I beg to differ. My phone is in my pocket all day long, and I never had the edge fold up on it. I wear blue jeans and dress pants on a regular basis. It was the damned belt pouch that made mine fold up.

well for me, I had the stock one on for 3 days and went hunting and when I pulled it out the corner bent up.

just different experiences I guess