PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 09:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Sgabert is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question HTC Diamond Scratch Removal

Does anyone know how to remove some minor to moderate hailine scratches from my touch Diamond screen? I know the screen is plastic and I believe untreated and there are several products out there that claim to be able to remove these. I tried toothpaste but that did not work, from what I could see. Anyway these are normal scratches a typical phone accumulates over time. I can barely see them when the screen is on, but it is still annoying. Also, I do not and will not use a case or scratch protector, so if anyone has had success or thinks they know a solution for removing these scratches that would be fantastic.

Here are a couple product links: http://www.displex.com/polish/english/index.htm
http://www.thewatchprince.com/s.nl/it.A/id.143/.f
http://www.command-tab.com/2005/07/0...ratch-removal/

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by Sgabert; 02-20-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:14 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: HTC Diamond Scratch Removal

Look here, Hope it Helps.

Thanks T M Z

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58268
Old 02-20-2009, 09:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a hairline scratch on my diamond. I put a invisible shield screen protector on it and can't see it at all
Old 02-21-2009, 02:44 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

I have the Invisible Shield covering a crack on mine.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 02-21-2009, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

littlefreak is just getting started

I should be getting applesauce polish in the mail today. I'll be sure to let you know how well it works (I have rather deep scratchs too). Maybe I'll even charge up my old mogul to send some pics.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well i got it and i used it... My scratchs seemed way to deep I did like 30 applications and it started to create a weird wareing mark between the scratchs so I decided to stop. They are definately smoother tho and i can realy feel them when my finger slides across them like before. All the little scratchs are completely gone. Very impressed. I didnt expect it to solve my deap scratchs.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:33 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Sgabert is a n00b
Cool Re: HTC Diamond Scratch Removal

Hey congratulation!!! At least you got your little scratches off. Mine are all relatively small, so I will probably order mine in the next few days since it worked moderately well for you. I have tried about everything but applesauce and displex, and I have heard a lot of people complain that displex ruins the screen so I will see what happens with applesauce.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yea displex is way to apreasive for plastic. This apple sauce is good. I had scratchs from my school ID digging into it in my pocket while I was skateboarding across campus. They were perty deep. I might be buying a 25 dolar replacement screen of ebay. But yea gave it a better then new shine I think lol. It does what it suppose to and that is to polish. Kit is like 20 bucks and comes with everything you need. O and make sure you have a flash card to cut up to get the polish out of all the cracks when your done .
Old 02-21-2009, 07:32 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Sgabert is a n00b

Thanks for the tip! some kid at school started playing solitare on my phone in gov class with a pen instead of the stylus. I think that did wonders to the screen
Old 02-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

thanks for pointing me to the applesauce product i never knew i could actually get rid of my scratches, Relatively small from bein in pocket with a lighter. awsome gonna order it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond