PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Help! Can't sync anymore on Diamond with laptop via USB (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58569)

worldaviator 02-20-2009 06:01 PM

Help! Can't sync anymore on Diamond with laptop via USB

I have spent the whole week trying to figure out why my Touch Diamond no longer syncs with my laptop.

Syncing between my Diamond and PC has been working since I got this phone last November until now.

To make a long story short, when I launched WMDC this past Monday, it took forever to get past the splash screen, and I had the phone connected to the USB at the time. Since I've pulled the USB plug from the laptop, I lost the ability to sync between my phone and PC.

I have done the following things:
- reinstalled WMDC
- uninstall WMDC, reboot laptop, install WMDC
- delete INFCACHE.1 from c:/windows/inf
- plugged diamond into XP and still get no connection; no error message; no unknown device message; just phone charging
- system restore on Vista to a day when syncing was working
- revert ROM to Sprint stock from Mighty 4.4.5 (I know it's not a ROM issue)
- tried different mini-usb/usb cord
- connected a different Diamodn to my laptop and my laptop detected the Diamond when plugged in

None of the above methods solved my sync problems.

In all cases, I am able to "charge" my Diamond with the laptops. None of them recognize the Diamond when plugged in.

When I checked the checkbox to not charge my device when plugged in on Windows Mobile 6.1, my phone continues to charge, which tells me that any settings made on Windows Mobile 6.1 are not being recognized when I plug in my phone via the USB.

Anyone think my phone is now defective? I can still dial, surf, msg, take photos, etc, but can't sync between Outlook and my phone.

Even when I launch ActiveSync on my phone,I get the page that says "To synchronize your deivce with a desktop computer, install the synchornization sofware from the Getting Started Disc...".

Thanks...WA.

Konfuzion 02-20-2009 06:26 PM

Re: Help! Can't sync anymore on Diamond with laptop via USB

The only thing I could offer that you havent tried is do you have a firewall blocking it? I had that happen a few times, disable your firewall and give it a shot.

worldaviator 02-21-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konfuzion (Post 726482)
The only thing I could offer that you havent tried is do you have a firewall blocking it? I had that happen a few times, disable your firewall and give it a shot.

I even tried that and no go. :( I plugged in my roommates Diamond onto my laptop and it connected to my PC. So I think the Activesync on my phone is "corrupt".

*Sigh* Not sure what to do if I can't sync anything between my phone and computer.

Konfuzion 02-21-2009 03:54 PM

With everything you have tried maybe backup your phone and hard reset, all you have to loose is time.

rie 02-23-2009 12:04 PM

I have the same problem. Neither my Mac (usng Missing Sync for Windows Mobile) nor my sister's laptop (Windows XP and ActiveSync) recognize my Diamond via USB, but they used to, perfectly. My Mac recognizes it via Bluetooth, though, but it only sends things to a Bluetooth folder and I can't drag-and-drop things right where I want them to be, which I miss. I can still send files vie Bluetooth, but USB is much faster than Bluetooth.

I tried all the things you did, and nothing changed, except for a hard reset made the phone not recognize the internal storage, so I installed a HotFix for that from HTC's support site to fix that issue.

I called Sprint, went all the way to Advance Tech Support, and they're sending me a replacement for free because I troubleshooted it, and went to the Sprint store, where the problem was confirmed. That the only "fix" I could find...

KonaiNobi 05-06-2009 04:29 AM

I am having this exact same problem. Additionally, when I view the Settings tab on the TF3D slider, "Sync Data" is dimmed and unavailable. It is as though active sync is disabled on the phone somehow. I am extremely frustrated with this I would very much like to get it fixed. I'm using MightyRom 3.8. I'd like to upgrade to MR4 but am concerned about more issues like this happening. Maybe it's just a lame HTC thing? HELP please.

yearn 05-06-2009 08:02 AM

If you have flashed back to the shipped ROM and its still not working its about gotta be a hardware issue, I would think.
Maybe you mini USB plug on your phone went bad?

mwalt2 05-06-2009 09:50 AM

What do you see listed under start->programs->active sync on your phone? You can only sync to 2 computers, though I imagine you already know this and active sync usually tells you about it by asking you to delete one if you're trying to set up a new source.

p2k 05-06-2009 01:00 PM

This may be a long shot but try this...

Start -> Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC

Then uncheck, Enable faster Data Synchronization.

KonaiNobi 05-06-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 898684)
If you have flashed back to the shipped ROM and its still not working its about gotta be a hardware issue, I would think.
Maybe you mini USB plug on your phone went bad?

How can I flash back to my stock rom when I cant connect with my PC? Is there a way to do that with a HTC Touch (non-pro)? Also, I know the plug is ok because it charges just fine. The "Sync Data" button on the TF3D settings tab (the gear) is dimmed out and not clickable.

Ive tried hard reset (lost all my apps and contacts), tried turning off the "advanced network settings" USB -> PC settings. Nothing seems to work. It appears as though the ability to Sync Data has been disabled in the registry or something. Can anyone offer some advice that goes beyond what has already been posted in this thread so far?

I should also mention that on the Active Sync -> Connections screen, the only item in the list is ` USB (with the grave mark before it) and not just USB. Is there somewhere to change this or is it supposed to be like that. I dont recall the grave character being there before.

Please help.