PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21
Overheat when charging

Has anyone else experienced the problem of the Diamond overheating while it's on the charger and you are on call at the same time. When i'm at home i keep my phone on the charger and sometimes I'm on a long phone call. Well whenever I've been on the call for over 10 minutes the phone gets so hot that it stops charging and eventually the battery dies and I have to get off the call and wait until the battery cools done to recharge it.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: cellular south

phonics2 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Overheat when charging

using the stock charger, usb, or car charger?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonics2 View Post
using the stock charger, usb, or car charger?
It's while using the stock charger with the Sprint diamond
Old 02-05-2009, 12:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

slpintern is becoming a great contributor

There is no question that heat has been an issue with the Diamond. Read some of the threads that have reduced heat in other's phones (ex. change your radio). My phone reduced heat production immensely upon upgrading to the new Sprint Radio 1.11.00F
Old 02-05-2009, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

I have had this issue, but since being on Mighty's custom roms, I have not had the problem anymore. On Mighty, it will still gain a charge event when talking or streaming audio/video for a long time, and it won't get nearly as hot. I think it has something to do with the no2chem fast charge dll that is on his rom.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
I have had this issue, but since being on Mighty's custom roms, I have not had the problem anymore. On Mighty, it will still gain a charge event when talking or streaming audio/video for a long time, and it won't get nearly as hot. I think it has something to do with the no2chem fast charge dll that is on his rom.
I really don't want to have to flash to a custom rom. I've only flashed a phone of mine once and that was to the official rom for the vogue. I've read a lot of other posts already some of them say keep the battery from getting too hot by keeping it on something cold. I've tried that and still doesn't work. Does anyone know if the Touch Pro has the same problem or is it just with the Diamond?
Old 02-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

EvilJames is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
Has anyone else experienced the problem of the Diamond overheating while it's on the charger and you are on call at the same time. When i'm at home i keep my phone on the charger and sometimes I'm on a long phone call. Well whenever I've been on the call for over 10 minutes the phone gets so hot that it stops charging and eventually the battery dies and I have to get off the call and wait until the battery cools done to recharge it.

got a touch pro and i have this issue all the time, stock charger, or car charger, or a replacement charger. it gets so hot at times it kills the keyboard till it cools off and do a soft reset...not sure why it does this but i wish there was a fix for it
Old 02-05-2009, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

you dont wanna talk on the phone while charging it. might be speculation, but ive ddone it on other phones and its killed my battery. doesnt hold charge anymore. also happened to my fathers and exgfs phone

-------------------------

Why would you buy a Windows Mobile Smartphone, and try to make it look and work like an iPhone?

Kinda like buying a Ferrari and trying to make it into a Ford Taurus.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintozozDIAM View Post
you dont wanna talk on the phone while charging it. might be speculation, but ive ddone it on other phones and its killed my battery. doesnt hold charge anymore. also happened to my fathers and exgfs phone
Well that's just not right if u can't talk on the phone and have it charge at the same time. The battery life sucks even if u don't talk on the phone so if I talk on the phone for 10 minutes and not use the charger the battery will die quicker. So either way i'm screwed. There's gotta be a better way
Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Someone posted a cab of the no2chem fast charge in the second post on this page: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49894&page=6

You could give it a try and see if it works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond