PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

HTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to HTCLeener
Unhappy "Answer" Button/Hard Key "Answer" Problem - MODS PLEASE CLOSE!

I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problems I've been having lately and if they've got a fix or any suggestions.. or something.. cause it's bugging' the eff out of me

Just some background info on the phone and hardware.

-HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
-TELUS stock ROM
-modified TF3D theme that I've done myself (editing manila files is all)
-NO MUSIC
-Custom Taskbar (coloured icons, sdkcerts CAB intalled)

PROGRAMS INSTALLED:
-Advanced Config
-Total Commander
-PocketScreen
-Best RegEdit
-MusicID

and the Microsoft .NET CF 3.5 framework.

Here's the issue

Every once in a while, I'll say 1-2 times in every 10 calls my 'Answer' Button (stock HTC dialer) does not work.. no matter how hard I press the button it won't connect the call.. just keeps ringing.. so alas I press the hard key answer button and that is also a NO-GO.. won't pick up that way either.

I have no idea what it is.. Using Advanced Config I did the following changes (could be possible it's what's causing it.. maybe not though):

-changed my date format to dddd, MMM dd, yyyy
-kill data transfer when idle for 4 minutes

When I noticed my 'Answer' button not responding I also Enabled 'Any Key Pickup' so that way when it didn't work, I could use the hardkey.. but now even that doesn't work when the 'Answer' button is not working.

A soft reset usually fixes it, but after a while it's sort of random and I never know when it happens again till someone calls and I'm there struggling to answer it.

I've already done a hard-reset and it still does it, even worse I've already replaced my phone because of it (mind you there was still other issues, I couldn't connect to WMDC but I digress).

Any help? or anyone else sharing this pain..

If you're going to use my work, please give credit where credit is due.

Last edited by HTCLeener; 02-20-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:06 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: "Answer" Button/Hard Key "Answer" Problem

gotta love the gsm darkside..
this should fix your problem.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=88
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

HTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to HTCLeener
Re: "Answer" Button/Hard Key "Answer" Problem

THIS SHIZZZ WORKED! BOOYAH!!

NOte to self and others - Advanced Config has a lot of reg edits suited for GSM phones and has caused a lot of other issues besides this one on CDMA phones.. so if you really want that tweak try and search for a reg edit first, it'll be a lot easier and save you a lot of hassle.

Last edited by HTCLeener; 02-20-2009 at 05:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond