PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wmwifirouter and diamond

Hi all im new to the diamond with the stock rom and have a question on using the wmwifirouter v.91 to tether as i did on my mogul b4 it went for a little swim..On the mogul was just installing wmwifirouter and a simple reg edit (HKey_Local_Machine\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings to say "Sprint PCS) for it to work.I just read 19 pages of the tethering fix with a cab install but doesnt say about using wmwifirouter.Can i just use the same reg hack as i did on my mogul but changing the setting to say just sprint insted of sprint pcs(example*HKey_Local_Machine\Comm\InternetSharin g\Settings to say "Sprint ) Thanks

Last edited by gameover; 02-20-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan

courtlandre is a n00b
Re: wmwifirouter and diamond

I'm confused. My tethering and WMWIFIrouter work fine with no reg hacks.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

mine too! you just need to enable wifi before you start the program!
Old 02-21-2009, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: cellular south

phonics2 is becoming a great contributor

I suggest updating your ROM. Stock roms seem to be buggy.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:43 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

No reg hacks here, and WMWifirouter works as its supposed to.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It appears that Sprint has initiated certain changes with the Diamonod and maybe other devices regarding how the device tethers.
The Diamond now says Phone as Modem when you tether.
It used to always say SPRINT.
Others are experiencing the same. I don't know if this is affecting how wmwifirouter is working or Pdanet.
I would be curious how, if at all, it is affecting the named programs.
I have the stock ROM.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
It appears that Sprint has initiated certain changes with the Diamonod and maybe other devices regarding how the device tethers.
The Diamond now says Phone as Modem when you tether.
It used to always say SPRINT.
Others are experiencing the same. I don't know if this is affecting how wmwifirouter is working or Pdanet.
I would be curious how, if at all, it is affecting the named programs.
I have the stock ROM.
biker1 hit the nail on the head this is what i was tring to ask on my 1st post.I i dont pay for phone as modem as i have the sprint everything plan(as i did on my titan).I tried installing wmwifirouter v.091(free version) and i noticed it connected using phone as modem.so i tried using the same reg hack stated in my 1st post that i used on my titan and wmwifi kept crashing so i hard resetted my diamond since u cant uninstall the free version.So my question is there a reg edit to change the phone as modem to (sprint or sprint pcs)that wont crash and so i dont get charged for tethering.And question 2 the ppl using wmwifirouter 1.25 fix this (phone as modem) connection problem and r they being charged for usage when using this version. Thanks
Old 02-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I installed WMWifiRouter and it just works no problems. Never changed a thing. Although I'm running Mighty Mike's ROM...maybe that has something to do with it.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 02-25-2009, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: TELUS

dj_mysha is keeping up the good workdj_mysha is keeping up the good work

I'm on 0.91 and running...um...let's see...which ROM is it today?...MightyROM and it works fine. No reg hacks required, no $8.00/MB from our friends at Telus Mobility. I didn't spend enough time on the stock ROM to test if it works, but I've used WMWiFiRouter on various versions of Juicy, Mighty, Calkulin and Juggalo ROMs with great success. What ROM are you running?
As a sidenote, I have had no trouble getting computers running XP and 32bit Vista online, but I just got a new lappy with Vista 64bit and it will not pick up an IP from WMWiFiRouter. Weird.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_mysha View Post
I'm on 0.91 and running...um...let's see...which ROM is it today?...MightyROM and it works fine. No reg hacks required, no $8.00/MB from our friends at Telus Mobility. I didn't spend enough time on the stock ROM to test if it works, but I've used WMWiFiRouter on various versions of Juicy, Mighty, Calkulin and Juggalo ROMs with great success. What ROM are you running?
As a sidenote, I have had no trouble getting computers running XP and 32bit Vista online, but I just got a new lappy with Vista 64bit and it will not pick up an IP from WMWiFiRouter. Weird.
Im on the sprint stock rom.Anyone on the stock rom know?(i have to many bills cant afford to test myself).lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond