PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   wmwifirouter and diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58547)

gameover 02-20-2009 03:22 PM

wmwifirouter and diamond

Hi all im new to the diamond with the stock rom and have a question on using the wmwifirouter v.91 to tether as i did on my mogul b4 it went for a little swim..On the mogul was just installing wmwifirouter and a simple reg edit (HKey_Local_Machine\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings to say "Sprint PCS) for it to work.I just read 19 pages of the tethering fix with a cab install but doesnt say about using wmwifirouter.Can i just use the same reg hack as i did on my mogul but changing the setting to say just sprint insted of sprint pcs(example*HKey_Local_Machine\Comm\InternetSharin g\Settings to say "Sprint ) Thanks

courtlandre 02-20-2009 07:55 PM

Re: wmwifirouter and diamond

I'm confused. My tethering and WMWIFIrouter work fine with no reg hacks.

nelly04 02-21-2009 01:17 AM

mine too! you just need to enable wifi before you start the program!

phonics2 02-21-2009 01:26 AM

I suggest updating your ROM. Stock roms seem to be buggy.

lawmangrant 02-21-2009 02:43 AM

No reg hacks here, and WMWifirouter works as its supposed to.

Biker1 02-21-2009 10:44 AM

It appears that Sprint has initiated certain changes with the Diamonod and maybe other devices regarding how the device tethers.
The Diamond now says Phone as Modem when you tether.
It used to always say SPRINT.
Others are experiencing the same. I don't know if this is affecting how wmwifirouter is working or Pdanet.
I would be curious how, if at all, it is affecting the named programs.
I have the stock ROM.

gameover 02-25-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker1 (Post 727608)
It appears that Sprint has initiated certain changes with the Diamonod and maybe other devices regarding how the device tethers.
The Diamond now says Phone as Modem when you tether.
It used to always say SPRINT.
Others are experiencing the same. I don't know if this is affecting how wmwifirouter is working or Pdanet.
I would be curious how, if at all, it is affecting the named programs.
I have the stock ROM.

biker1 hit the nail on the head this is what i was tring to ask on my 1st post.I i dont pay for phone as modem as i have the sprint everything plan(as i did on my titan).I tried installing wmwifirouter v.091(free version) and i noticed it connected using phone as modem.so i tried using the same reg hack stated in my 1st post that i used on my titan and wmwifi kept crashing so i hard resetted my diamond since u cant uninstall the free version.So my question is there a reg edit to change the phone as modem to (sprint or sprint pcs)that wont crash and so i dont get charged for tethering.And question 2 the ppl using wmwifirouter 1.25 fix this (phone as modem) connection problem and r they being charged for usage when using this version. Thanks

mulhiny 02-25-2009 02:34 PM

I installed WMWifiRouter and it just works no problems. Never changed a thing. Although I'm running Mighty Mike's ROM...maybe that has something to do with it.

dj_mysha 02-25-2009 02:47 PM

I'm on 0.91 and running...um...let's see...which ROM is it today?...MightyROM and it works fine. No reg hacks required, no $8.00/MB from our friends at Telus Mobility. I didn't spend enough time on the stock ROM to test if it works, but I've used WMWiFiRouter on various versions of Juicy, Mighty, Calkulin and Juggalo ROMs with great success. What ROM are you running?
As a sidenote, I have had no trouble getting computers running XP and 32bit Vista online, but I just got a new lappy with Vista 64bit and it will not pick up an IP from WMWiFiRouter. Weird.

gameover 02-25-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mysha (Post 738136)
I'm on 0.91 and running...um...let's see...which ROM is it today?...MightyROM and it works fine. No reg hacks required, no $8.00/MB from our friends at Telus Mobility. I didn't spend enough time on the stock ROM to test if it works, but I've used WMWiFiRouter on various versions of Juicy, Mighty, Calkulin and Juggalo ROMs with great success. What ROM are you running?
As a sidenote, I have had no trouble getting computers running XP and 32bit Vista online, but I just got a new lappy with Vista 64bit and it will not pick up an IP from WMWiFiRouter. Weird.

Im on the sprint stock rom.Anyone on the stock rom know?(i have to many bills cant afford to test myself).lol :p