PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

CupofDice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't connect to WMDC using Windows 7

I don't know if this was a previous problem with Vista since it was weeks before I last connected my phone to my pc using vista. Anyway I can't connect my Diamond to my pc running Windows 7. I have tried unticking the 'enable advanced' option in usb to pc, and i changed the name of the device to My_Diamond (previously was Diamond). Still won't connect. It did connect a few days ago after multiple reinstalls of WMDC and restarts of 7. So, anyone know what the problem is? PS- I know there is a thread here, but I can't find it anymore.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work
Re: Can't connect to WMDC using Windows 7

You need to download it from Microsoft.

I know, it's included in Windows 7, but it doesn't work for me unless I install it separately.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ce-center.mspx
Old 02-19-2009, 05:01 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No offense, windows 7 is beta. Use a working operating system.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 02-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
No offense, windows 7 is beta. Use a working operating system.
No offense, but:

1) That's not helpful advice in any way.

2) If you haven't tried something, hold your tongue or else you're liable to make yourself sound stupid and uninformed.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

CupofDice is a n00b

Thanks Jonnythan. Already tried that the download from the site though. I get a "Device driver software was not installed" with "Unidentified Device - Device Unplugged" beneath that.

kbussen, you are gonna advise me not to use a beta os on a site that deals with flashing of roms and other dangerous things? Seriously? The reason I asked was because I knew this problem existed not only on win 7, but also on vista/xp and so on. So it seems to be a general, if uncommon, problem with ActiveSync/MWDC.

Gotta go to work, but will try some things when i get home (maybe it's a general problem with my usb).

Last edited by CupofDice; 02-19-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Have you tried a different USB port?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
No offense, but:

1) That's not helpful advice in any way.

2) If you haven't tried something, hold your tongue or else you're liable to make yourself sound stupid and uninformed.
+1

And besides. Just because it's beta, doesn't mean it doesn't work. I find Windows 7 to be quite stable. Some things of course don't work on it, but that much is expected with it being a Beta and a New OS.

On topic... I have no issues with Win 7 and WMDC aside from having to turn off the Advanced Features options on the phone in the activesync options. I would try another USB port, check to make sure it's set to use ActiveSync on the USB to PC settings, and not Disk Drive or Internet Sharing.

Also, toss us some more information here: I.E. What ROM you use, what kind of Motherboard you have, I assume you're on the 7000 build of Win 7? Perhaps your motherboard drivers need updating, I know that mine had some issues installing cetain drivers on Win7, including the chipset drivers. It claimed to have installed them but they didn't, I had to update the device drivers manually.

If all else fails, you might just do a PIM or SPB backup and do a hard reset on the phone, and see if that helps at all.

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 02-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

working fine on this end. It didn't work at first but I got it to work now. Let me fiind out how i did it and i'll get back with you.

Ok, here yhe inform I got from Sevenforums.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/...rs-update.html

Last edited by dicast; 02-19-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

CupofDice is a n00b

Okay, i tried connecting to a different usb port, didn't work.

I am using mightyrom 3.9. My board is a Asus M2N68-LA I believe.

I am gonna try to do a spb backup, and a hard reset. See if that works.

Edit- Okay, did a hard reset, didn't work. Gonna try updating to another rom on my other comp, and see if that helps.

Edit 2- Tried it on my other comp, didn't work (activesync this time since it was xp). Gonna upload rom to mf, then download it to my phone, and flash that way.

Last edited by CupofDice; 02-20-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:50 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's probably your cable then.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond