PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 03:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
need opinions on rom/radio for battery life

ok I know everyone has different opinions on roms and radios but I'm about to flash for the first time and this is what I'm looking for: ( I live south of Detroit for radio purposes)

What rom and what radio would you suggest to get the best battery life and the most device storage space?

right now I got stock sprint diamond rom and sprint stock 1.00 radio
Old 02-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: need opinions on rom/radio for battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
ok I know everyone has different opinions on roms and radios but I'm about to flash for the first time and this is what I'm looking for: ( I live south of Detroit for radio purposes)

What rom and what radio would you suggest to get the best battery life and the most device storage space?

go to the 9th thread down in the diamond upgrade forum. this thread has a list of radios and best ones for different locations. I personally like the Telus radio the best. as for rom's, they are all much better than the original in terms of speed, memory available, and newer software. it would be unfair to single out a rom so the best bet is to read comments in each thread and decide. some are more sprint focused if you prefer to stay close to stock in look and feel. good luck!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post

Your best bet is to flash a few different ones and see what works best for you.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

As far as radio goes, these you just have to play with. Best thing to do is to set your phone down where it will be used at on a regular basis. See how the signal is there. Watch it for a day, get used to how it works on that radio, then flash to another one and compare then just reflash to another and repeat. It's different for every area. I could suggest Telus because it works good for me in my area, but it might not be all that great in yours. MOST radios do NOT do a reset on data, so these you can flash on the go and not have to re-install and restore from backup, but it's always best to do a backup before hand just in case something goes wrong or it does for some reason do a reset when flashing.

For ROM, This is personal choice. Some ROMs have more features, some have less features. It depends on the way you use your device and how much you use it for certain things. If you're just looking for stability, least amount of bugs, and basic functionality of the phone and text messaging and such, look for something a little more light, maybe a non-TF3D ROM. But if you like TF3D, and use it's features, look at each of those ROMS and what they have to offer. Basically, you're looking for what you look for in your phone and see which ROM supports them all. Some of the more popular ones include(but are not limited to) MightyMike, Juicy and Groove. But noone can tell you what you like... you're going to like it or not like it, it's best to just dive in and test the water, but almost all of them are better than stock.

Just make sure you use a program like PIM Backup or SPB Backup to backup your contacts, messages, appointments, e-mails, etc.

Also make sure you do a hard reset before and after flashing a ROM (not radio)

hope that helps.

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party

Last edited by Unknownforce; 02-20-2009 at 03:54 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond