PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

Mumblez2k9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Plz help, stylus problem

Hi I swear im usually good at figuring things out but this site is a safe bet I trust you more than me lol. Second time the magnet got loose and now stylus wont suck in. Any procedure I can do to reinstall or reglue this bad mamma jamma? Or even a site with a tutorial? Thank in advance
Old 02-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Plz help, stylus problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumblez2k9 View Post
Hi I swear im usually good at figuring things out but this site is a safe bet I trust you more than me lol. Second time the magnet got loose and now stylus wont suck in. Any procedure I can do to reinstall or reglue this bad mamma jamma? Or even a site with a tutorial? Thank in advance
I'd superglue the bad boy back on. also if you go to the phone store and tell them what happened, I bet they will just give you one. be nice and good things will happen. I had a battery issue and they gave me a new battery plus another cover and stylus for nothing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

Mumblez2k9 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I'd superglue the bad boy back on. also if you go to the phone store and tell them what happened, I bet they will just give you one. be nice and good things will happen. I had a battery issue and they gave me a new battery plus another cover and stylus for nothing.
Is it easy to open the phone up and find out where the magnet originally was? Will try going to store tomorrow but itll be good to know how to do it I am with alltel so I dont know how their stores are.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumblez2k9 View Post
Is it easy to open the phone up and find out where the magnet originally was? Will try going to store tomorrow but itll be good to know how to do it I am with alltel so I dont know how their stores are.
cool. I am not sure but someone will chime in on taking apart the phone. personally that would be too much risk for me. like i said, they might just give you a new one since they have them laying around. or maybe I just caught someone on a good day!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:09 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

I say return the phone and ask for it to be fixed or ask for a new phone.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
cool. I am not sure but someone will chime in on taking apart the phone. personally that would be too much risk for me. like i said, they might just give you a new one since they have them laying around. or maybe I just caught someone on a good day!
Your missing the point, the stylus isnt broken the phone is. I have the same problem with one of my diamonds.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That's strange, because the stylus itself is the magnetic one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond