PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

proplayer44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using Webhost for my website and trying to connect the email

So I wanted to get email working on my home website. notmyactualsite.ca. I hosted it myself but ran into issues sending and receiving from my mail server I installed. Finally I found a site that charges only $1 a month to host the website and allows for fully functional pop, imap and smtp email. Weeee, I was so exited. I set it up and got my laptop working just fine with all the credentials specified. No issues. But, but, but, when I set it up on my phone it never even receives email. When I click send/receive It prompts for message "messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your email account settings are correct. then, try to download messages again." Now I know the settings are correct, GD Damnit, I've checked them a millon times but it will not receive. I assumed I may have
sending issues with the port 25 blocking so I also tried setting it up with smtp.telus.net but that was no help. As I assumed it attempts to receive before sending so it already fails before the smtp connect. I opened a ticket with the website hosting company. I provided them with all my credentials and explained my issue. Of course I received the response "we don't support phones. We have verified the settings you have are correct. I would contact the cell company" No offence to Telus but I know they won't be much help. Anyone here have any ideas?
Old 02-19-2009, 01:24 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Using Webhost for my website and trying to connect the email

Can you use an alternate port?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

proplayer44 is just getting started

No but it's working now. HUUUUH!!! So I asked my buddy to try and setup my new email address @myowndomain.com on his Iphone. He received a message stating certificate may not be valid do you wish to proceed. He pushed yes and after searching for a while it worked. Then I tried and I also received the certificate error for the first time. Then after, it worked. Toooo weird.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:10 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Probably it had to be woke up. I set up a website last week and it wasn't registering the domain so I had to refresh the DNS server settings.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond