PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 05:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (CDMA)
Carrier: TELUS

nsx-g88 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
text messages keep re-sending..

hey guys, a strange problem I've encounted just recently with my diamond is the fact that text messages keep re-sending. I don't use text messages too often, reason for not noticing earlier.

ok, this is what happens, after typing a message and hitting send, the recipient will get the message like right after, however will continue to recieve the same message over and over again. The time interval between recieving the messages is not consistant.

I personally realized after being told this that my outbox has messages in there. Isn't it suppose to disappear after I send the message. the point is that once deleted, it will not send again.

The question to you guys is whether you have encounted something similar, if so why and how you went about fixing this. I find it annoying actually since I will have the clear the outbox when it can clear itself.

thanks guys for the input, appreciate your help, ppc rocks.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: text messages keep re-sending..

I was having this problem a while back and the issue was that I flashed my rom without clearing the memory, once I did that the problem was resolved. If you have flashed your phone to a new rom try doing a hard reset or start/settings/system/clear storage.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

check in the outbox and move any messages into the sent folder or deleted, sometimes messages get caught in there and will continue to send.

i had to hard-reset to clear up the issue since i was unable to delete, or move the message from the outbox.

Last edited by SOHKis; 02-19-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Its your draft box just to clear up this issue for you...

What happend with me is messages that could not be sent a copy gets sent to the draft box and seems to be resent during soft reset or when powering on the device...

This is just my story...hope it helps..
Old 02-19-2009, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work

If any of the suggestions above don't work, I'd call Tech Support. This happened to me years ago and it turned out it was an issue with a cell tower near me and not my phone.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (CDMA)
Carrier: TELUS
Threadstarter

nsx-g88 is a n00b

thanks for the tips guys, I'll keep it in mind when flashing a new rom. the hard reset did not work for me by the way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond