PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Force Roam vs possible modified Automatic? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58117)

hepcat503 02-17-2009 07:31 PM

Force Roam vs possible modified Automatic?

I get bad signal at home. It sucks. I've got Sprint, but the Verizon signal at home is pretty solid. I recently found about getting the roam only option on my Touch Diamond and my wife's Touch Pro, and I'm pretty excited about that.

But I'm wondering if anyone has found a hack to change the Automatic setting to switch to roaming when say... there's 1 bar or less? Of course the way it works now, it stays on on Sprint if there's any signal at all, regardless if it drops out constantly and all the rest of that headache.

I'm happy to use forced roaming, but I'm concerned that Sprint will ding us for roaming if ALL our calls show up as roaming. I know some carriers do that. I'm not aware if Sprint still does that or not.

AcidFire52 02-18-2009 10:47 AM

Re: Force Roam vs possible modified Automatic?

I have the same issue at work.
I verified my plan included unlimited roaming, so I do the same thin with the force roam.
An automatic profile or something similar would be really nice.

mulhiny 02-18-2009 11:46 AM

In the fine print of your contract is states that Sprint can drop you if you exceed 800 mins a month roaming. This is off of Sprint's Terms and conditions.

"Off-network Roaming on Sprint Phones: Not available with single-band phones, or to customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming. International calling, including in Canada and Mexico, is not included in plans with no roaming charges. Roaming usage may be invoiced after 30-60 days. Data services and certain calling features (Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.) may not be available in all roaming areas."

13ducati13 02-18-2009 03:51 PM

Sprint is awful at my house also, since changing to only roaming my battery will last days, when set to "auto" I'm lucky if I can get 4 hours. Partly because every time it switches from network to roam it wakes the phone up.

Wouldn't be cool if I got kicked off Sprint though.

graphic914 02-18-2009 04:07 PM

How do I change to only roaming? in my phone settings under roam I have sprint only and automatic.

indagroove 02-18-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graphic914 (Post 721023)
How do I change to only roaming? in my phone settings under roam I have sprint only and automatic.

you need the registry hack -- search.. "roam only"

AcidFire52 03-06-2009 06:58 PM

Want to bump this to the top.
Any one heard of an automatic roaming changer thingy?

MrObvious 03-06-2009 07:18 PM

There is only manual.