PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   3 Diamond Questions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58111)

Mumblez2k9 02-17-2009 06:41 PM

3 Diamond Questions

Sorry made this post in different thread...

1) Today I noticed my speakerphone is loud as ever..maybe louder than usual but when off speakerphone I noticed it sounds weak and rattly. I have badboy installed. Unfortunatly today I dropped it from my lap to floor about 2 feet. If I flash or uninstall badboy and reinstall would this fix it?

2) I have alltel, what is the best rom to flash to? I am a fan of Juicy's and Mighty but am I missing any good ones because those are the only I tried. And how often do updated ROM's come out?

3) I have mini usb headphones by motorola...but wont work for diamond for some reason is there a cab for this type of thing?

Thanks in advance.

Unknownforce 02-17-2009 06:53 PM

Re: 3 Diamond Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumblez2k9 (Post 719135)
Sorry made this post in different thread...

1) Today I noticed my speakerphone is loud as ever..maybe louder than usual but when off speakerphone I noticed it sounds weak and rattly. I have badboy installed. Unfortunatly today I dropped it from my lap to floor about 2 feet. If I flash or uninstall badboy and reinstall would this fix it?

2) I have alltel, what is the best rom to flash to? I am a fan of Juicy's and Mighty but am I missing any good ones because those are the only I tried. And how often do updated ROM's come out?

3) I have mini usb headphones by motorola...but wont work for diamond for some reason is there a cab for this type of thing?

Thanks in advance.

1.) Not sure exactly, this could be a number of things, If you got time, I would suggest reflashing and doing a hard reset, and testing it without any other apps installed. If it still doesn't work, try flashing back to stock alltel(because you have alltel service) and test it then, again hard reset and test it again. If it still has that problem, I would say re-lock it, backup all your stuff and take it in for warranty or whatever alltel offers for replacement. BUT, like I said, I'm NOT sure on this, but I would have to say that reflashing ROMs and hard resetting would eliminate any "setting problem."

2.) There is no "Best" ROM. Each one is different and offers different features and benefits. It's all personal choice, best thing to do is to look at what each of them offer, and decide which one offers the best combination that suits your needs. The "Best" ROM is the one that fills all of your needs with only slight modifications to appearance and installs of programs that you use. If you can use the phone and it's stable, and all the features work the way you like. Then it's perfect.

3.) I doubt that it will work, but I'm not entirely sure on that. The sprint version came with the adapter that allows a regular headphones jack and mini jack as well. So I don't have that problem. But, just to make sure it's not not working because of setup, you DO have to have the volume on the phone ON, and not on Vibrate or Silent for it to play anything out of the headphones, that was one thing I didn't realize myself when I went to listen to music for the first time.

Hope that helps a little at least.

rstoyguy 02-17-2009 06:55 PM

3) The motorola headphones are wired differently and won't work with HTC handsets.

Unknownforce 02-17-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 719166)
3) The motorola headphones are wired differently and won't work with HTC handsets.

K, I didn't know for sure, just gave him something to go on. I figured there would be some kind of incompatibility. Thanks.

CozBoogie 02-17-2009 07:15 PM

No need to double post..

late,
Coz

Mumblez2k9 02-17-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 719166)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownforce (Post 719158)
1.) Not sure exactly, this could be a number of things, If you got time, I would suggest reflashing and doing a hard reset, and testing it without any other apps installed. If it still doesn't work, try flashing back to stock alltel(because you have alltel service) and test it then, again hard reset and test it again. If it still has that problem, I would say re-lock it, backup all your stuff and take it in for warranty or whatever alltel offers for replacement. BUT, like I said, I'm NOT sure on this, but I would have to say that reflashing ROMs and hard resetting would eliminate any "setting problem."

2.) There is no "Best" ROM. Each one is different and offers different features and benefits. It's all personal choice, best thing to do is to look at what each of them offer, and decide which one offers the best combination that suits your needs. The "Best" ROM is the one that fills all of your needs with only slight modifications to appearance and installs of programs that you use. If you can use the phone and it's stable, and all the features work the way you like. Then it's perfect.

3.) I doubt that it will work, but I'm not entirely sure on that. The sprint version came with the adapter that allows a regular headphones jack and mini jack as well. So I don't have that problem. But, just to make sure it's not not working because of setup, you DO have to have the volume on the phone ON, and not on Vibrate or Silent for it to play anything out of the headphones, that was one thing I didn't realize myself when I went to listen to music for the first time.

Hope that helps a little at least.

Thanks ppl, and to the guy saying no need to double post. I stated in the start of thread that I meant to post it in the CDMA sub forum.

wmdunn 02-17-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumblez2k9 (Post 719220)
Thanks ppl, and to the guy saying no need to double post. I stated in the start of thread that I meant to post it in the CDMA sub forum.

"That Guy" ... is responsible for keeping this place running smoothly ... and it would be a good idea to listen to whatever he has to say! Just thought you'd like to know ...

InvincibleLiving 02-17-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmdunn (Post 719274)
"That Guy" ... is responsible for keeping this place running smoothly ... and it would be a good idea to listen to whatever he has to say! Just thought you'd like to know ...

lol excellent advise there WMD!

Mumblez2k9 02-17-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmdunn (Post 719274)

He said no need to double post, but I realized my mistake I just wasnt sure if he seen the top of my message saying sorry for the double. Dont want people thinking it was on purpose. I didnt say "That Guy" I said "the guy"...your making it seem like I got a problem with him. Now im going to clean a little I got shamwows to use buddy.

Mumblez2k9 02-17-2009 08:16 PM

Also its a double because it got moved from the sub forum.