PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Chrome Diamond?

Odd / useless thread...but could be cool I guess.

So I'm sure many of you have noticed that after a while the black paint on the Diamond casing starts to chip, and under the black paint is a chrome finish. Has anybody attempted to remove this paint and make a chrome looking diamond? I would never try this on my phone because I use it every day and don't want to take sandpaper to it. But maybe if somebody knew how to fully disassemble it they could just dip that part of the casing in paint thinner, leaving behind just the metal making it look chrome.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kill_dano is just getting started
Re: Chrome Diamond?

Post pics of it when you are done!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:11 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Not me!
I am not gonna mess my diamond up like that.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

nkawal is becoming a great contributor

I was thinking the same thing, except I'm going to use paint thinner and try to remove the paint then polish the chrome.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkawal View Post
I was thinking the same thing, except I'm going to use paint thinner and try to remove the paint then polish the chrome.
sounds good in theory, but ide be afraid that the chrome would come off or get that "milky" color if that makes sence to anyone.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

this is the same philosophy and way that they did the nextel i930. under the gloss (not fingerprint friendly like the pro and diamond) is the chrome finish that you are talking about. the best way to test would be to grab an i930 batter cover off of ebay (oem) and test on those before you do your touch pro.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:46 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

paint thinner will melt the plastic..
Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
paint thinner will melt the plastic..
Yeah, or at least ruin the chrome finish altogether, there's some way to do it other than chipping away at it...and if I ever get an extra Diamond I will try to find it. Doing this isn't really worth $50 through insurance even if I REALLY wanted to do it. I'd leave it up to anybody who knows how to tear down a Diamond and has an extra one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond