PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How much device storage question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
down to 11 megabytes of device storage, is this still ok? I'm not seeing any effect from it??
you should be fine. the only way to free up more space it to remove bloatware which is done by flashing to the custom roms available. they have removed unnecessary memory intensive things like the touch diamond guide, ringtones,etc and at startup, you usually see 75 to 90mb free. I know you dont want to flash though but in your particular situation, you still have 11 mb and i would continue to use clear temp to clear out memory in the ie cache, opera cache, google maps, livesearch, etc.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:35 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
ok, you need to remap your internal storage. this is a bug with the diamond. there is a hotfix on the htc america site under the Sprint Diamond section. Here is the link for the hotfix:

http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloa...act=sd&cat=all

this should fix it. hopefully you didnt lose anything.
Dude you frigin ROCK!!! Thank you

Didnt lose anything with the hotfix and gained 4gb of storage.

Last edited by MoonZ*BabysH; 02-19-2009 at 02:37 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:45 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
Dude you frigin ROCK!!! Thank you

Didnt lose anything with the hotfix and gained 4gb of storage.
great to hear! I had this happen before the hotfix and thought I was screwed but amazing tech support walked me through a fix on the phone through active sync. this is much easier. take it easy!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

I am having the same problem with space. I am down to almost 10mb. I install everything I can on internal storage and I still lose memory. I am using sprint rom with a rib of tweaks. I should look at the custom find but there are so many it's hard to know which one to choose.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
I am having the same problem with space. I am down to almost 10mb. I install everything I can on internal storage and I still lose memory. I am using sprint rom with a rib of tweaks. I should look at the custom find but there are so many it's hard to know which one to choose.
they are all better than stock, that is for sure. You should try them out, everyone has different preferences. the only way to know which one you will like is flashing them all really. Then you start to gravitate towards the ones you like the most.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Rileyd5, you might be the reason i permanantly switch bacnk to my diamond over my pro. that space (or lack there of) had me switch in the first place. and i never use the hard KB on it so this is definatly awsome. thanks again friend.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
Rileyd5, you might be the reason i permanantly switch bacnk to my diamond over my pro. that space (or lack there of) had me switch in the first place. and i never use the hard KB on it so this is definatly awsome. thanks again friend.
thanks man. I like the diamond a lot and agree that if you dont use the hard keyboard, it may be your best bet. the size is great, plus the compact querty works great for me. I switched from the t-mobile shadow which has the hard compact querty built in so I was already very accustomed to the keyboard. their both great devices though.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor

Will the Hotfix Program do anything to help with the Memory if the card is actually working?
I just got a new phone (old one was toast) and do not want to flash - Service isn't covered if there is a flashed Rom - and am down to 18.
No pics, no music, no programs, just tweaks, all loaded to internal storage.

The reason it toasted is my old one was dropping calls, Sprint downloaded Titan program that is supposed to make everything faster, but took phone into negative memory and that was it.
I am now almost afraid to load anything else on the phone.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
Will the Hotfix Program do anything to help with the Memory if the card is actually working?
I just got a new phone (old one was toast) and do not want to flash - Service isn't covered if there is a flashed Rom - and am down to 18.
No pics, no music, no programs, just tweaks, all loaded to internal storage.

The reason it toasted is my old one was dropping calls, Sprint downloaded Titan program that is supposed to make everything faster, but took phone into negative memory and that was it.
I am now almost afraid to load anything else on the phone.
no, the hot fix is only designed to remap your internal storage if you lose it for some reason. if you have 18 megs free as customizations, you set. Just be sure to clear opera cache occasionally and ie cache. especially opera because it will take up several mb of space.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor

That's what I thought, but wanted to double check.
I made the mistake of first day downloading pictures, music, some apps, etc., had no memory left at all.
So found this and a couple of other forums, this is the best, people respond in English not computer talk (xda) and read, re-read. Learned how to work Windows and memory.
Fixed above and now watch everytime I load anything, I know where I was before, and where I am, so can tell if something is wrong and fix then rather than later!
I figured out something between these posts, moved and now back to 24+.

To those reading, was on phone with Tech Support who knew what they were doing today (lost Sprint TV). She sent new cab to reload. Just for fun, I put it in Internal Storage. It does run!!

However I ended up deleting because the cab in Rom is unmovable, so again I was taking up extra space, might as well use rom since the broken one was there, just reloaded over the top.

Found out these will run, but can't be deleted for space. Oh well, learn something everyday.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond