PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus- Mighty ROM 4.7

Jordan88 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb [REQ] Clear Windows Tasbar?

By clear i mean Transparent or non-existent aside from the writing and icons.

I am curious if this would be possible. I doubt that it is otherwise someone would have likely done this by now, but is it possible to have the windows taskbar (as well as the bar with the softkeys on the bottom) be clear so that you can see the full image in TF3D, with the icons and writing over top of it?

I understand that even if this is possible, it could run in to a few problems once you are no longer in TF3D, because from what i understand you can't have the taskbar be different colours depending on what the phone is doing.

Anyways, is it possible, yay or nay?

Last edited by Jordan88; 02-13-2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 02-13-2009, 06:42 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: [REQ] Clear Windows Tasbar?

Attached is the zipped manila file for clear bottom curtain. Which "taskbar" do you want invisible?
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1864da05_manila.zip (163 Bytes, 16 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There is a program called SkinMobile that will allow you to skin the taskbar. The desired effect can be accomplished by using the same background image to create the skin. The program is a little glitchy, but essentially it does the job and it's fun to play with. You should be able to find it with a search, if not I'll upload later. Here is an example of an UltimateLaunch theme I was running back in the day using SkinMobile to complete the effect.

You might look into VJTodayToggle and/or dcinobar as additional taskbar and bottom bar hiding utilities. [Edit: I believe no2chem also made a bottom bar hiding utility that worked correctly with the newer WM builds. The above should get you started, if you need specifics post a reply ]

Last edited by bedoig; 02-13-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
There is a program called SkinMobile that will allow you to skin the taskbar. The desired effect can be accomplished by using the same background image to create the skin. The program is a little glitchy, but essentially it does the job and it's fun to play with. You should be able to find it with a search, if not I'll upload later. Here is an example of an UltimateLaunch theme I was running back in the day using SkinMobile to complete the effect.

You might look into VJTodayToggle and/or dcinobar as additional taskbar and bottom bar hiding utilities. [Edit: I believe no2chem also made a bottom bar hiding utility that worked correctly with the newer WM builds. The above should get you started, if you need specifics post a reply ]

That's some beautiful work there.
How is it in terms of performance hit/stability?

Also, does it play nicely with WM 6.1...oh and where to download from (I know, ill end up googling it or doing a search here, but if you have a link saved, Id appreciate it as well).
Old 02-13-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hey,

@indagroove, thanks for the reply, but i wasn't referring to the curtains. I am currently running the no curtains cab, with crystal clock, clear slider etc etc and i was hoping to get the Upper bar (with start menu and battery icon etc.) to be clear, as well as the one along the bottom with the soft keys.

@bedoig- Thanks for the reply as well, this is the type of thing i was looking for. I was hoping to do it with a manilla edit or cab, but i will be sure to check it out. Do you remember how easy it was to switch between skins? I generally change my background frequently.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I did a quick search for that SkinMobile program, but nothing came up. I'll keep looking though, i didn't spend much time on it.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've checked out Wisbar Advance 3.0 now because someone over at xda pointed me in that direction, however it adds a lot of features that i don't actually want and changes all of my icons etc. This is probably more trouble than it is worth.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

asapelectric is keeping up the good workasapelectric is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan88 View Post
I did a quick search for that SkinMobile program, but nothing came up. I'll keep looking though, i didn't spend much time on it.
Check this out. http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...d.php?p=328994. Dont know if it is good for diamond or not ,gonna check it out now.
EDIT: Don't do it.

Last edited by asapelectric; 02-14-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Royalty is a n00b

Skinmobile gave me a dead end
Old 02-15-2009, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Attached is the zipped manila file for clear bottom curtain. Which "taskbar" do you want invisible?

Anyone tried this yet. Can you post screen shots of the result

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond