PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unlocked Diamond and Sprint

I found a couple of places that have unlocked HTC Diamonds for sale with wifi supports. I was wondering if these phones will work with sprint. On one site the phone band is W-CDMA 900/2100 / GSM 900/1800/1900 the other has the band listed as GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz UMTS 900/2100 MHz. Will either of these work with Sprint here in the US?
Old 02-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Unlocked Diamond and Sprint

Well the GSM versions wont work for sure.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Any ideas if the W-CDMA will work? I can post a link to the vendor site for this phone if you need more specs.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I dont see why the CDMA phone wouldnt work, but I would wait for someone who has a better understanding of this stuff... (Thats not me) but I know GSM wont work on the Sprint network. That said I am quite sure that the CDMA version would work, but again wait for a better oppinion

I would like the link to the site though if you could pm me.

FYI The Diamond smokes the PPC-6700 thats what I upgraded from
Old 02-14-2009, 11:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

TerekKincaid is just getting started

A quick Google tells me that Sprint uses CDMA 800/1900. I guess that means CDMA does not equal W-CDMA. And GSM is way out, as has been stated (even though one of the GSM frequencies is also 1900, the "language" is totally different).

I would avoid these phones.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

It is one of those things where the vendor has stated to me that the wcdma phone will work with sprint and and sprint said only if it has a sprint logo. I guess my next stop will be to a local sprint store and talk to somebody in person and see what I can find out.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Those are both GSM.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

As said, W-CDMA does not mean CDMA. It's still GSM, and these will not work with Sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond