PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Bad Flash, in bootload, now what? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57507)

TerekKincaid 02-12-2009 11:27 PM

Bad Flash, in bootload, now what?

Ok, I've been flashing a bunch of new ROMS and loving it. I decided to cook my own. Big mistake. It won't boot past the initial screen (Touch Diamond with radio versions).

I can get to the boot loader, but I don't know how to get the computer to recognize it from there. The RUU program doesn't see the PDA, so I can't flash a new ROM.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

TerekKincaid 02-12-2009 11:52 PM

Re: Bad Flash, in bootload, now what?

Sweet Jesus, 10 heart attacks later I figured it out. Plug the phone into my computer, then start it in bootloader. RUU can find it then on USB and flash the phone.

Though I bricked it since I couldn't load the ROM file to the Internal Storage.

Phew. Maybe I'll get stupid again in a couple of days and trying cooking again (maybe I'll read *all* of the tutorials this time :P)

indagroove 02-12-2009 11:54 PM

It's nice to put a rom on the internal drive so you can flash from internal if this happens again.

TerekKincaid 02-13-2009 12:17 AM

Yup, definitely will. And my favorite so far is your grooveROM build 9, so that's what I'll put on there :-D

macaboo 04-14-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerekKincaid (Post 710365)
Sweet Jesus, 10 heart attacks later I figured it out. Plug the phone into my computer, then start it in bootloader. RUU can find it then on USB and flash the phone.

Though I bricked it since I couldn't load the ROM file to the Internal Storage.

Phew. Maybe I'll get stupid again in a couple of days and trying cooking again (maybe I'll read *all* of the tutorials this time :P)

OH GOD THANKYOU SO MUCH. This helped me ALOT i have been searching for hours on how to fix it. THankyou

darksand 04-16-2009 07:03 PM

after hours of looking in this forum finally found this thread and help me fix my problem thanks a lot :headbang:u guys are the best

jsvt3 04-16-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksand (Post 853905)
after hours of looking in this forum finally found this thread and help me fix my problem thanks a lot :headbang:u guys are the best

Make sure to thank whoever helped you by hitting the Thanks button :)

tobeychris 04-17-2009 01:48 AM

There's like 10 threads on this.. including a sticky in the upgrades section.

TerekKincaid 04-17-2009 04:23 PM

Haha, blast from the past. When I did this, I searched and searched and didn't find anything that seemed to answer this specific question. I didn't know the RUU program could see the phone in bootloader mode, and I also didn't know how to get the bootloader into USB mode. I had done it in the reverse order (boot phone, then plug in), and it always stayed in serial mode. Anyway, nice to see that the search helped some folks out. I now have no fear of tinkering with ROMs :P