PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
changing to the diamond

hey I was just wondering I have a Touch Pro right now and I know all about it and its great but I was thinking about swapping it out for the diamond because the pro is to bulky. My only concern is the typing. Is there a landscape keyboard or do you do all your texting in portrait? And what keyboard is the best? I would like a keyboard that when I turn the device sideways it goes into landscape and lets me type like that, but thats my only concern....

well how does the battery life differ from the diamond to the pro, I know they both suck but are they the same?

right now I"m rockin reefs keyboard but it doesn't go into landscape mode on the pro...

Last edited by pask2155; 02-12-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: changing to the diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
hey I was just wondering I have a Touch Pro right now and I know all about it and its great but I was thinking about swapping it out for the diamond because the pro is to bulky. My only concern is the typing. Is there a landscape keyboard or do you do all your texting in portrait? And what keyboard is the best? I would like a keyboard that when I turn the device sideways it goes into landscape and lets me type like that, but thats my only concern....

well how does the battery life differ from the diamond to the pro, I know they both suck but are they the same?
i think SPB Keyboard is best for it as it is almost fullscreen on lanscape. just have to map the hard press send key to open it up. IMHO
Old 02-12-2009, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

In my opinion SPB keyboard is the best, but I try typing in landscape and I think it is kind of hard, I prefer using T9. It is much easier and faster.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

can someone gimmie a cab for that so I can try it on my pro, the spb keyboard
Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The sbp site has it for free 14day trial... I prefer to just use the stock landscape keyboard when using landscape... it shows more of the screen. But I rarely use landscape.

As far as the rest, they are a lot of the same phone.. I like my diamond more than my b/f's pro but mostly because mine is tweaked up and he doesn't want me messing with his so its more stock. Since you know all the ins and outs of the pro the tweaks etc are pretty much the same.

As for battery I found that it gets better as the phone gets older... so don't expect much in the beginning but with the standard tweaks and a few discharges you'd should be OK.. then again I always charge my phone all night and if I know I'm going to be tethering or reading a lot (I keep my ebooks on the phone) I bring a spare battery.. BTW they are the same battery so you can keep your pro battery for a spare!
Old 02-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

why dont you use landscape mode to type much? It seems as though it would be much easier... the main question here is, I can type very fast when texting on my pro because it is a physical keyboard, and when I open a text and flip my phone sideways the screeen doesn't rotate, so is this the same concept as the diamond, you can't flip the phone and type in landscape? and can you get fast without a physical keyboard
Old 02-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

i put gyrator on my pro and I get to landscape type in sms messaging, this is way fast texting this way
Old 02-13-2009, 03:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Welcome to the Diamond family
Old 02-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have to agree with some others here and say that SPB keyboard is the way to go. I however type all my text one thumbed in portrait. I'd say I can type pretty fast that way. I've never used a Pro, (or any phone w/ a physical keyboard) so I can't really say if it's faster or slower.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 02-13-2009, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Welcome ... I came from the Mogul via the Touch, and have never missed the hard keyboard. Also, I don't use landscape mode, even though I have SPB keyboard. In portrait mode the keys appear close together, but in actuality they are pretty easy to use ... you can always see the larger letter that you're typing. I think it's more of a perception issue than anything else ... go for it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond