PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   changing to the diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57492)

pask2155 02-12-2009 09:30 PM

changing to the diamond

hey I was just wondering I have a Touch Pro right now and I know all about it and its great but I was thinking about swapping it out for the diamond because the pro is to bulky. My only concern is the typing. Is there a landscape keyboard or do you do all your texting in portrait? And what keyboard is the best? I would like a keyboard that when I turn the device sideways it goes into landscape and lets me type like that, but thats my only concern....

well how does the battery life differ from the diamond to the pro, I know they both suck but are they the same?

right now I"m rockin reefs keyboard but it doesn't go into landscape mode on the pro...

MoonZ*BabysH 02-12-2009 09:35 PM

Re: changing to the diamond

Quote:

Originally Posted by pask2155 (Post 710099)
hey I was just wondering I have a Touch Pro right now and I know all about it and its great but I was thinking about swapping it out for the diamond because the pro is to bulky. My only concern is the typing. Is there a landscape keyboard or do you do all your texting in portrait? And what keyboard is the best? I would like a keyboard that when I turn the device sideways it goes into landscape and lets me type like that, but thats my only concern....

well how does the battery life differ from the diamond to the pro, I know they both suck but are they the same?

i think SPB Keyboard is best for it as it is almost fullscreen on lanscape. just have to map the hard press send key to open it up. IMHO

Mystery 02-12-2009 09:40 PM

In my opinion SPB keyboard is the best, but I try typing in landscape and I think it is kind of hard, I prefer using T9. It is much easier and faster.

pask2155 02-12-2009 10:30 PM

can someone gimmie a cab for that so I can try it on my pro, the spb keyboard

eenieMINI 02-12-2009 10:46 PM

The sbp site has it for free 14day trial... I prefer to just use the stock landscape keyboard when using landscape... it shows more of the screen. But I rarely use landscape.

As far as the rest, they are a lot of the same phone.. I like my diamond more than my b/f's pro but mostly because mine is tweaked up and he doesn't want me messing with his so its more stock. Since you know all the ins and outs of the pro the tweaks etc are pretty much the same.

As for battery I found that it gets better as the phone gets older... so don't expect much in the beginning but with the standard tweaks and a few discharges you'd should be OK.. then again I always charge my phone all night and if I know I'm going to be tethering or reading a lot (I keep my ebooks on the phone) I bring a spare battery.. BTW they are the same battery so you can keep your pro battery for a spare!

pask2155 02-13-2009 12:02 AM

why dont you use landscape mode to type much? It seems as though it would be much easier... the main question here is, I can type very fast when texting on my pro because it is a physical keyboard, and when I open a text and flip my phone sideways the screeen doesn't rotate, so is this the same concept as the diamond, you can't flip the phone and type in landscape? and can you get fast without a physical keyboard

pask2155 02-13-2009 01:11 AM

i put gyrator on my pro and I get to landscape type in sms messaging, this is way fast texting this way

kyrumo 02-13-2009 03:20 AM

Welcome to the Diamond family :-)

mulhiny 02-13-2009 09:15 AM

I have to agree with some others here and say that SPB keyboard is the way to go. I however type all my text one thumbed in portrait. I'd say I can type pretty fast that way. I've never used a Pro, (or any phone w/ a physical keyboard) so I can't really say if it's faster or slower.

wmdunn 02-13-2009 10:47 AM

Welcome ... I came from the Mogul via the Touch, and have never missed the hard keyboard. Also, I don't use landscape mode, even though I have SPB keyboard. In portrait mode the keys appear close together, but in actuality they are pretty easy to use ... you can always see the larger letter that you're typing. I think it's more of a perception issue than anything else ... go for it!