PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: blarghaghadrgahr! i hate the freezing text

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintozozDIAM View Post
no it wont. i did that. twice. still going on.
Well that sucks.. I did it once and I have 0 lag/texting issues.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

dbenson32 is a n00b

I also did the clear memory and that didn't do anything for me...I was on MightyRom 4.4.2 w/ manilla HD.

Also hibby...where did you get that picture of me from?
Old 02-13-2009, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond, Palm Pre

alan7467 is keeping up the good workalan7467 is keeping up the good work

I installed the keyboard from this thread earlier and am experiencing absolutely zero freezing when using it:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56667

...still getting freezes with the HTC keyboards though. If I can just get landscape working right with the keyboard above I'll happily use it instead

edit: ...well scratch that. A couple softresets and now the new keyboard is freezing too. Damnit!!!!!

Last edited by alan7467; 02-13-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

that keyboard is xbox huge

-------------------------

Why would you buy a Windows Mobile Smartphone, and try to make it look and work like an iPhone?

Kinda like buying a Ferrari and trying to make it into a Ford Taurus.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:27 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Flash the Alltel ROM. xD You could run Conflipper's 1/12 build and there isn't the lag. The other option is to do your own build in BuildOS.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Lurker

SmoothDog0 is a n00b

just my 2 cents, but i noticed with several different roms that i have flashed, that this only happened AFTER using PimBackup 2.8 to restore my text messages, before on every rom that i tested my texting seemed not to lag and/or freeze up while actually texting someone... but after the use of pimbackup to restore my messages, i noticed the freezing issue.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:04 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
Well that sucks.. I did it once and I have 0 lag/texting issues.
Do you play solitaire? I personally have never had a text issue, but I do have the freezing issue with solitaire. It occurs randomly, and sometimes have no issues for 15 mins. Problem is that I dont text enough to notice the freeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothDog0 View Post
just my 2 cents, but i noticed with several different roms that i have flashed, that this only happened AFTER using PimBackup 2.8 to restore my text messages, before on every rom that i tested my texting seemed not to lag and/or freeze up while actually texting someone... but after the use of pimbackup to restore my messages, i noticed the freezing issue.
I dont use PimBackup, and I have freezing issues, I believe its a system problem and is not tied to any particular program. Most people wouldnt notice the txt freeze unless they were a heavy user.

If it is the leaked sys that is the problem, then i guess its stability vs speed. Its a fast sys, and unless your on it constantly you would never notice the freeze.

Last edited by p2k; 03-04-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The stock Alltel ROM doesn't have the same problem. It's just every ROM seems to have something tied into what the Sprint ROM has. :\

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond