PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 03:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*UPDATED MAY/2009 NEW CAB* Point UI 2 Released! VGA Diamond Version. Nice!

Hello All,

*UPDATE* May/2009 : New cab attached, tghe new version 2.0.30b has faster speeds and a lot of bug fixes... i approve =) enjoy

I'm sure you know, pointui 2 has been released, its similar to bell ui but apparently more polished and stable.

I havent played around with it too much, but the backgrounds can be customized, and many other things as well. The cab is small and uninstallable.

Edit: After playing around with this, I have got to say Pointui has stepped up their game. This UI is professional, VERY SMOOTH, and takes up very little room.

Below are some screenshots, and I've attached the cab for you all to test out. Hope you enjoy it.

www.pointui.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My_Contacts.jpg (22.6 KB, 183 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg World_Applet_Melbourne.jpg (22.4 KB, 98 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Call_History.jpg (20.3 KB, 97 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Pointui.Home2.VGA.WVGA.Free.Latest2.0.03b.cab (848.2 KB, 108 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mixxy; 05-10-2009 at 12:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:44 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: Point UI 2 Released! VGA Diamond Version. Nice!

Looks like it could be cool. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Looks like it could be cool. Thanks!

groove, man, i played around with it for about 15 mins, and its VERY smooth and i love the customizability, you can even create themes for this version
Old 02-12-2009, 04:00 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
groove, man, i played around with it for about 15 mins, and its VERY smooth and i love the customizability, you can even create themes for this version
I just installed and played with it for about 5 minutes. It is very smooth.

Some things I like about it, and some I don't. I like that it has a tasks tab, but not the way it displays the tasks (alphabetical, instead of by due date). Weather cities are limited, but that can be tweaked. Looks like there's a good community here that can help to tweak it out:

http://community.pointui.com/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:11 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Changed the background pic (didnt like the stock background), and I'm enjoying it. Might leave it in for a little while, and see how it does. As you guys said before, it is very smooth. No lag. Can't wait for some themes.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:30 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

its nice, but its kinda boring. i'd like a more seemless integration into the touch pro, camera tab at least, or at least a dedicated button some place besides the program menu for that, and more programs could help. the messaging tab kinda sucks, but the file explorer is really cool, especially with pictures, how they're thumbnailed, and the way it flows.

this interface is completely eyecandy, with barely anything functional going on.

oh, and i'm missing my battery icon, and the drop down thingy in the corner to close apps that don't want to manually... thats more than enough for me to not be able to use this. i kinda need my battery icon there.

Last edited by ou2mame; 02-12-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
its nice, but its kinda boring. i'd like a more seemless integration into the touch pro, camera tab at least, or at least a dedicated button some place besides the program menu for that, and more programs could help. the messaging tab kinda sucks, but the file explorer is really cool, especially with pictures, how they're thumbnailed, and the way it flows.

this interface is completely eyecandy, with barely anything functional going on.

oh, and i'm missing my battery icon, and the drop down thingy in the corner to close apps that don't want to manually... thats more than enough for me to not be able to use this. i kinda need my battery icon there.
soon my friend. Its still in its beta stage, but once it gets dissected im sure you'll be able to do anything with it, including make custom applets
Old 02-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball

AND! not only is this just the beta version, this is the beta version of their stripped down 'free' program. I'm betting that when PointUI 2 PRO comes out, (and out of beta) it will knock the socks off TF3D.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

This blows TF3D clean out of the water.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
This blows TF3D clean out of the water.
Well, you got the first two words right! I'll wait and try it out again once the full version comes out.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond