PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't get the "phone as modem" away with Sprint test rom

I just noticed that after flashing the new test rom, the tethering fix cab is only partially working on my diamond now.

First of all, when i tried to reintall the cab file, it always said the previous version could not be uninstalled. If I continued, it would install anyway.

Then when using ICS, the connection worked and i could go up online, however the connection name is always "phone as modem". When i checked the registry manually, I noticed that I could not save the changes I made with "Forcecellconnection=Phone as modem". Everytime I change it to "sprint" and restart, it would go back to "phone as modem". i checked the other registry entries that were related to tethering, such as the maxconn=0 etc, and they were normal. Only this Forcecellconnection and Lastcellconnection that I could not change. I'm using rescoexplorer and the registry editor plug in for it.

Does anyone with the sprint new test rom have similar issue?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Can't get the "phone as modem" away with Sprint test rom

Try just deleting the entire key.. this will give you a "choice" in the ICS page so you choose sprint vs phone as modem.. not too bad IF the change sticks this way.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I tried to delete both ForceCellConnection and LastCellConnection, and indeed immediately after that I got the "choice", however, the annoying entries with 'phone as modem" reappered after a soft reset. Then i rembmered back in my vogue days, I need to use Advancedconfig tools to disable phone as modem to prevent it coming back. Did the same thing on this diamond, but it would not help at all. Unless I manually delete those two registry entries manually and then choose 'sprint" in ICS, it always make the phone as modem as default.

It looks like the registry cannot be edited and saved at all. Is this the case with the "leaked rom"? Or is there a way to make registry editable. I have never encountered this kind of situation before. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I'm not using the leaked rom but try editing with CERegeditor via tha PC and "unlock" your registry first.. maybe then it will save.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:39 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

I remember when I first started working on my rom based on the leaked sprint, that there were some new provxml entries in the OEMoperator package that had to be deleted. You should really flash to a custom rom based on leaked Sprint though if you want the goodness.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I remember when I first started working on my rom based on the leaked sprint, that there were some new provxml entries in the OEMoperator package that had to be deleted. You should really flash to a custom rom based on leaked Sprint though if you want the goodness.
Can you elaborate a bit more about the provxml? What is it used for? Does it count for the inablity to save registry change or directly for the ics?

I know the goodies a customized rom would bring, just don't have time to unlock and compare different roms recently.

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

bver is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
I just noticed that after flashing the new test rom, the tethering fix cab is only partially working on my diamond now.

First of all, when i tried to reintall the cab file, it always said the previous version could not be uninstalled. If I continued, it would install anyway.

Then when using ICS, the connection worked and i could go up online, however the connection name is always "phone as modem". When i checked the registry manually, I noticed that I could not save the changes I made with "Forcecellconnection=Phone as modem". Everytime I change it to "sprint" and restart, it would go back to "phone as modem". i checked the other registry entries that were related to tethering, such as the maxconn=0 etc, and they were normal. Only this Forcecellconnection and Lastcellconnection that I could not change. I'm using rescoexplorer and the registry editor plug in for it.

Does anyone with the sprint new test rom have similar issue?
I'm noticing the same thing. Some registry edits will not "stick" on the leaked Sprint ROM. I'm learning to build my first custom ROM; any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond