PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

amad300 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Relock from 4gb Storage?

My problem is that my phone doesn't communicate with any computer i plug it into, but it charges. I can't access the storage, use activesync, or use internet sharing. I reflashed to sprint stock rom to see if that would help but it didn't. After some searching around I came to the conclusion that the contact in my usb port for data connections is bad, yet my charging one is good.

Now I want to relock my phone before i bring it to sprint but it can't be done through usb. Is there anyway to do it from the storage?
Old 02-04-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Touch Pro 2

cannibalslug is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to cannibalslug Send a message via MSN to cannibalslug Send a message via Yahoo to cannibalslug
Re: Relock from 4gb Storage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amad300 View Post
My problem is that my phone doesn't communicate with any computer i plug it into, but it charges. I can't access the storage, use activesync, or use internet sharing. I reflashed to sprint stock rom to see if that would help but it didn't. After some searching around I came to the conclusion that the contact in my usb port for data connections is bad, yet my charging one is good.

Now I want to relock my phone before i bring it to sprint but it can't be done through usb. Is there anyway to do it from the storage?

Are you getting it replaced through insurance? Cause if that's the case i'd say don't even worry about it, that's what it's there for.

Take it back, how do you know your data connection is bad? Cause if you haven't had it technically looked at, try this...

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...-5431c7534731/

This is for vista i think, I'll look for more in the mean time

Last edited by cannibalslug; 02-04-2009 at 12:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

amad300 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalslug View Post
Are you getting it replaced through insurance? Cause if that's the case i'd say don't even worry about it, that's what it's there for.

Take it back, how do you know your data connection is bad? Cause if you haven't had it technically looked at, try this...

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...-5431c7534731/

This is for vista i think, I'll look for more in the mean time
Thanks for the reply. I tried everything in that link you posted but all i get is a charge and no connection. If it turns out to be a bad contact, you're saying I shouldnt have to worry about relocking it when getting it replaced through insurance? I plan on visiting sprint tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Touch Pro 2

cannibalslug is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to cannibalslug Send a message via MSN to cannibalslug Send a message via Yahoo to cannibalslug

I work for sprint and although i'm not a tech, typically data or charging damage is usually something that can be taken care of in the store. I highly doubt they wouldn't fix the connection for you because all you've technically done is void the warranty. Most technicians will be pretty cool about it and just fix the port but if they do give you any crap, just claim through insurance. That's what it's there for, if you're ever looking to toy with your phone in such ways don't leave home without it. I'll check back here to see what happens for you. Good Luck!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Lurker

Luxdorf is a n00b

I had the same problem, hard reset resolved it. Bad configuration, i`ve i try it all, before doing that. Now i now the problem is that you can only sync with two PCs or a PC and an exchange.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Lurker

Luxdorf is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxdorf View Post
I had the same problem, hard reset resolved it. Bad configuration, i`ve i try it all, before doing that. Now i now the problem is that you can only sync with two PCs or a PC and an exchange.
After that you need to disconfigure at least one of them, before you can sync whith another one.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

amad300 is a n00b

i just did a hard reset and im still just getting a charge. any other ideas before i go to sprint??
Old 02-04-2009, 12:25 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxdorf View Post
Is this true? I only sync between two pcs and have never tried to do more.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Quote:
i just did a hard reset and im still just getting a charge. any other ideas before i go to sprint??
Have you tried a different usb cable other than the one that came with the phone? My htc cable only gives me a charge now, and doesn't connect to the pc, but my other mini usb cables I have at home work just fine.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:

I know that Comnex is working on making it possible. I'm not sure how far she has gotten though

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond