PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Metro PCS

smikin_metropcs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone using Throttle Lock?

I just wanted to get your thoughts on Throttle Lock for what ever version your using and to find out if there is similiar software around. I thought it was ok but uninstalled because I couldn't find out how to change the time from military time (i.e. 16:27) to regular time (4:27). Is there a a newer version out?

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about here is the link and pic below

http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=53666

Old 02-02-2009, 08:36 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Anyone using Throttle Lock?

hate the app. every version i used was buggy, might be me. s2u2 for me.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
hate the app. every version i used was buggy, might be me. s2u2 for me.

Have you seen or tried any other programs besides S2U2?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:18 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i like the stock lock it does what you need.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ive used stylus lock, sensor lock, not sure of the name. the one where you roll the phone over to unlock, and the one in op.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kingbean is a n00b

I currently use 3 different locks. I know it sounds rediculous, but I'm very private. heres my setup. S2U2 at all times because it's a great fully functional and regularly updated app. Second, Sensor lock. Another "Well Thought" app. Set it to autolock "everything on wake up and even S2U2 is locked! Love it! Plus, give it a roll on incoming call (as long as it only locks the touchscreen) and you can rest your phone on your shoulder all you want without hitting onscreen buttons (plus you can hang up, and quit to home without rerolling. As long as you have your backlight set to turn off after x amount of seconds, your hardkeys will autolock.) And Lastly, Throttle Lock. A little buggy, but locks using passcode and looks great with my custom themes (and when only used every once in a while). I have Throttle Lock in my start menu and activate it only when in public and/or drinking. If you are 4:20 friendly, if you like skulls, and you use Throttle Lock, then PM me and I'll share my skins :0)
Old 02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rooted Hero
Carrier: Sprint

latepenguin is keeping up the good worklatepenguin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
i like the stock lock it does what you need.
Agreed, I've got mine set to the long right key. Works like a charm!

I tried the throttle lock. It works alright but when someone calls it messes with the stock answer slider so I took it off.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I've used both locks and thought Throttle was more appealing visually but seemed kinda troublesome. I think if more setting options were added along with a cleaner interface, this app would be really worth using.

I used S2U2 1.42 and it was ok but it didn't seem much better than the stock locker except for the fact you can slide. I wouldn't mind going back to it if I knew how to change the clock time to show standard and not military. I know this is probably a easy setting/config change so can someone please help me out? Much Thanks! I alomost forgot, what version of S2U2 should I use, looking for the most solid with the least amount of bugs?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

makersforme is a n00b

Program Files - ThrottleLock - Skins - Default - skin.xml

edit that file remove HH and change it h in the time format area
Old 02-03-2009, 03:05 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

I had an issue with that application, after instalation my keyboard did not work, had to uninstalled it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond