PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond questions

Well I decided to go ahead and spend the extra money when I upgrade and get the Sprint Touch Diamond. I realized that I don't really use the built in keyboard on ppc6700 so I wouldn't need a touch pro. I do have a few of questions about the Diamond. Does it have problems of dropping your bluetooth headset every couple of days so that you have to pair it several times a week like the ppc6700 does? With the standard battery, does using the internet or the built in wifi suck the life out of your battery very quickly? Is there an extended life battery for it and is it a fat one requiring a separate back like the ppc6700? And I guess last but not least, how reliable is it in terms of picking up sprint signal? The first mogul I saw had a hard time picking up the sprint signal.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Diamond questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
Well I decided to go ahead and spend the extra money when I upgrade and get the Sprint Touch Diamond. I realized that I don't really use the built in keyboard on ppc6700 so I wouldn't need a touch pro. I do have a few of questions about the Diamond. Does it have problems of dropping your bluetooth headset every couple of days so that you have to pair it several times a week like the ppc6700 does? With the standard battery, does using the internet or the built in wifi suck the life out of your battery very quickly? Is there an extended life battery for it and is it a fat one requiring a separate back like the ppc6700? And I guess last but not least, how reliable is it in terms of picking up sprint signal? The first mogul I saw had a hard time picking up the sprint signal.

1. I dunno use bluetooth so I cant answer that one for you.

2. With any battery and device using the internet and wifi quickly burns your battery. best thing to do is flash a custom rom that suits your needs. and an extended abttery usually does need a different backplate. although ive seen some that are the same size but carry a bit more juice.

3. In my particular area I have horrible EVDO reception (which accounts for horrible battery life) so I had to force my phone into 1x. Play around with the phone a few days and see how the signal goes for you, and if it jumps abck and forth, you might have to force it into EVDO or 1x

-------------------------

Why would you buy a Windows Mobile Smartphone, and try to make it look and work like an iPhone?

Kinda like buying a Ferrari and trying to make it into a Ford Taurus.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
1. cant help you. dont really have many issues with bluetooth but use it sporadically
2. yes, the battery life is bad but frankly its bad on every ppc I've ever owned especially if you are using for surfing the web with wifi. however there a battery enhancement cabs out there as well as custom roms that help with battery life. you should be able to get through the day with moderate usage and only have to charge at night. But if you make lots of calls, use wifi, multiple data session, push email set up, lots of bluetooth, no matter what you are going to be charging within 6 hours or so.
3. yes there are extended batteries out there so do a search on the diamond forum. There's one that is over double the juice but it makes it as fat as the touch pro.
4. sprint signal depends on so many factors but most people have upgraded from the stock sprint radio 1.0.00f to the new ones out there. Most reports give the telus radio 1.04.05v and the new sprint radio 1.11.00f good marks. I personally am happy with the telus radio paired up with my Sprint diamond.

hope this helps.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:47 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I use bluetooth everyday and never have a problem. Paired it once and only have to re-pair if I flash a different ROM.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 01-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

ac4g63 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintozoz@hotmail.com View Post
1. I dunno use bluetooth so I cant answer that one for you.

2. With any battery and device using the internet and wifi quickly burns your battery. best thing to do is flash a custom rom that suits your needs. and an extended abttery usually does need a different backplate. although ive seen some that are the same size but carry a bit more juice.

3. In my particular area I have horrible EVDO reception (which accounts for horrible battery life) so I had to force my phone into 1x. Play around with the phone a few days and see how the signal goes for you, and if it jumps abck and forth, you might have to force it into EVDO or 1x
What he said except I used to have a mogul and I haven't seen much of a difference in EVDO signal between my mogul and diamond. Diamond surfs a lot faster though because of the extra ram
Old 01-31-2009, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac4g63 View Post
What he said except I used to have a mogul and I haven't seen much of a difference in EVDO signal between my mogul and diamond. Diamond surfs a lot faster though because of the extra ram

youre lucky man. when i leave mine on EVDO my battery drains in about 5 hours. when i use 1x it lasts me about 20 hours using interent, music, text, email and heave caemra usage
Old 01-31-2009, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond & Touch Pro

mizzle80 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I have had no problems w/ BT dropping the pair on mine, but maybe I don't use it enough.
Battery life sucks out the box, tweaks have been posted to improve it or you could flash to a diff. ROM if you want
Ebay has extended battery and yes it requires a bigger back http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280307688790

now the signal just depends on your location and how far/close you are to the tower....try flashing a ROM w/ a diff. radio or just updating your radio with the telus one....it seems to be a better one at least for me anyway
Old 01-31-2009, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzle80 View Post
I have had no problems w/ BT dropping the pair on mine, but maybe I don't use it enough.
Battery life sucks out the box, tweaks have been posted to improve it or you could flash to a diff. ROM if you want
Ebay has extended battery and yes it requires a bigger back http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280307688790

now the signal just depends on your location and how far/close you are to the tower....try flashing a ROM w/ a diff. radio or just updating your radio with the telus one....it seems to be a better one at least for me anyway

i never understood the flashing a radio thing...
Old 01-31-2009, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond & Touch Pro

mizzle80 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintozoz@hotmail.com View Post
i never understood the flashing a radio thing...
the way i understand it was that a radio connects to the tower which then sends signals back to the phone causing good reception or bad reception...some radios have more interference due to other issues or tower interference so flashing to one that has a lower/higher makes a difference...

but thats just my 2 cents...the chefs or more experienced PPCGEEKS can correct if I'm wrong, I can take critism, lol
Old 01-31-2009, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzle80 View Post
the way i understand it was that a radio connects to the tower which then sends signals back to the phone causing good reception or bad reception...some radios have more interference due to other issues or tower interference so flashing to one that has a lower/higher makes a difference...

but thats just my 2 cents...the chefs or more experienced PPCGEEKS can correct if I'm wrong, I can take critism, lol
but wouldnt that be more of a hardware than a software thing?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond