PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: p3450
Carrier: sfr

patric is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to patric
htc diamond dead

i tried to unlock my gsm htc diamond using this solution http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
now my phone is totaly dead and can't enter to bootloader
any solution to repair it
thx
Old 01-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: htc diamond dead

THIS IS FOR CDMA DIAMONDS ONLY!
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A TELUS, SPRINT, ALLTEL, MTS, CELLULAR SOUTH OR BELL DIAMOND, DON'T DO THIS!

Now, you posted in the GSM section, so you must not have taken this advice. You're probably out of luck.

Last edited by tobeychris; 01-30-2009 at 08:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

denttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to denttarek Send a message via Skype™ to denttarek

a bit too late for that i guess,anyways i guess your best bet is to take it over to xda-developers.com and hope someone would be able to help you over there ,i don't believe there is any real support for the gsm phone by community members over here as of yet , good luck buddy, and sorry for what happened should read before you do this stuff and ask/search if not sure
Old 01-30-2009, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Best of luck getting it fixed. If you do find a way, be sure and post how so that anyone else unfortunate enough to do the same thing might be able to stumble across this thread and find help.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: p3450
Carrier: sfr
Threadstarter

patric is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to patric

thx
but can't find solution to enter bootloader
Old 02-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond gms

gsmdiamond is a n00b
Angry Re: htc diamond dead

Hi,

I've used Unsigned-Hard-SPL-Diamond-OliNex for almost one month and have flashed with several different roms without any problems.

With bad luck, I've found grooveROM 3 base interesing, I tried to install the rom but it did not install, then I tried the "unlocker diamod" found on this forum, as result this made my diamond dead for good ?!&!#!$!!!

I did not know there were different type of HTC diamond, especially this "CMDA" one which is different with "Normal" HTC diamond, perhaps someone should add more warnings about this?

Guess there's no way to repair it except maybe an hardaware programming? Waiting for genius to help... For now, when pressing power button, removing battery, hard reset, the screen remains black...

Quote:
Originally Posted by patric View Post
i tried to unlock my gsm htc diamond using this solution http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
now my phone is totaly dead and can't enter to bootloader
any solution to repair it
thx
Old 02-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

It's posted on in a CDMA thread with the warning:

THIS IS FOR CDMA DIAMONDS ONLY!
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A TELUS, SPRINT, ALLTEL, MTS, CELLULAR SOUTH OR BELL DIAMOND, DON'T DO THIS!

What more can I say?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:14 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Another big help would be if users would edit their profile and include their phone model and carrier when posting these 21 question threads... A little pet peave of mine...

Old 02-18-2009, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

sorry for your trouble. here is a long long very long shot: if there is a removable flash rom memory in the diamond, you would take that chip out and replace it with another flash memory from a working diamond, boot into bootloader, now put back the bad flash rom and flash a gsm bootloader into that chip.

i used to do this with motherboard when i flashed the wrong rom into the motherboard, which result in no video/post. i would buy another same motherboard and use the good bios rom on that one to boot up, once i boot up into dos, i would switch out the rom and re-flash with the right bios.

the first day that got my diamond, i went to xda and flashed several of the gsm rom over there and even used a gsm to unlock, for some lucky reasons, i never got the flash to work and soon learn that i was not suppose to do that.

its clear over here at ppcgeeks that there's a seperate section for gsm and cdma upgrade. over xda, its harder to tell if which rom is for cdma or gsm since there are no seperation between the two in the forum.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ks20

chaos-zero is a n00b

sadthai, im in the same situation as patric and would very much like if you could help out with my Diamond with the method you descibed.

Its a HTC Diamond AUS, under Telstra but is unlocked.

I would be willing to send and pay for all necessary parts.

PM me or reply here.
Thanks for all your help

Chaos-Zero

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond