PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: PagePlusCellular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wow, 3 days still 50% battery!

Out of box this thing only ran half day, now it goes for 3 days now with gmail pushing via MS Live and still has 50% battery! Here is what I did.

Flashed to MightyRom3.9. The newer builds do not work on my Sprint diamond. This is the major thing, radio bars went from 0-1 to always full. We all know: good signal = good battery life.

Flashed to Telus radio. People say this radio is the best.

Uncheck TouchFlo 3D in Today items so this crap won't auto start. Also make sure that stupid cube is not loaded (I think it is in the registry).

Deleted everything in \windows\startup to prevent craps from auto starting. Need to install a good file explorer such as Resco to see these hidden files.

Created empty files: OperaPrel.exe, QuickGps.exe, SmartTouch.dll, SmartTouchLib.dll and StartUpBioTouch.exe and copy them into \Windows. These prevents craps from loading. Make a copy of QuickGps.exe so I can still run it manually (uncheck all its options).

Edit registry to add a "1" before the gsensor.dll to prevent its loading. I use ScreenRotate. Not only this gets rid of the stupid auto rotate universally, it also saves battery without constant polling to the sensor.

Edit registry to increase battery polling interval to 30000.

Edit registry to change the touch panel pressure threshold to 0xf0. Changed some "0" to "1" in a registry key to allow power management for memory card etc. Not sure if these contributed to battery life but I started to notice much better battery life after these and the followings.

Forward gmail to live.com to push gmail. I tried ImapPusherService, Emoze, VGSMail, Outloock (Exchanger push) and etc., they all sucked and sucked battery. MS Live is so far the best email pusher - very quick and NO impact on battery! I only use Live for email notification and brief view; I create an IMPA account in Outlook for gmail to get gmail syncronized. This way it requires one more extra step than direct gmail push, but well worth the reliability and battery life. Of course, if you don't have to stick to gmail, you may just use live which is now as good as gmail. Hey google, you've got a serious problem if your gphone won't win over WM.

Uncheck "Auto adjust backlight" and set brightness to 1 step from the left.

P.S., I use Opera Mini in jBed for most web browsing. It is lighting fast and uses very little battery. I use Opera Mobile only for few java sites.

Last edited by Fixup; 01-27-2009 at 06:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:27 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Wow, 3 days still 50% battery!

If you get three days out of your battery... I think you have wasted your money. Didn't you PAY for a gadget? If I wanted three days out of a phone, I'd still have my old LG phone.

I see you disable the touch, and set your battery poll so high, it probably hasn't polled in 3 days... (actually set 2x the norm)..

Not getting on ya, but ya gotta use what's under the hood for it to be any fun...

Old 01-27-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

iflog is a n00b

I looked at making ten thousand changes to save a few hours of battery life but figured I bought the phone for all its accessories. I want to use it the way it was made, straight out of the box. I told Sprint that I was only getting about 8 hours of battery life and they gave me a new battery for free. Now when one runs low I just pop in the other and I have a full featured fully functional PPC without screwing anything up.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Those I disabled are not features to me but annoying craps.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:45 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
If you get three days out of your battery... I think you have wasted your money. Didn't you PAY for a gadget? If I wanted three days out of a phone, I'd still have my old LG phone.

I see you disable the touch, and set your battery poll so high, it probably hasn't polled in 3 days... (actually set 2x the norm)..

Not getting on ya, but ya gotta use what's under the hood for it to be any fun...
Agree 100%.

I want the gadget aspect.....I dont mind charging nightly.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i was about to disable gsensor, but then i remembered that I played teeter a lot.

Am I correct in reading that he completely disabled the touch screen? Is that what rstoyguy meant? Because I don't know what BioTouch and SmartTouch and all that stuff does. If they don't disable the touchscreen, I might just do it. Fixup, can you edit your post to explain what each feature does before you remove it? That way individual users can decide what they want to keep or remove. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
i was about to disable gsensor, but then i remembered that I played teeter a lot.

Am I correct in reading that he completely disabled the touch screen? Is that what rstoyguy meant? Because I don't know what BioTouch and SmartTouch and all that stuff does. If they don't disable the touchscreen, I might just do it. Fixup, can you edit your post to explain what each feature does before you remove it? That way individual users can decide what they want to keep or remove. Thanks!
Touch Scrolling still works. What's disabled is the annoying touch gesture etc.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:06 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post

Agreed. You can get more battery life by leaving the phone off, but then...
Old 01-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hammered!! Thanks for sharing anyway OP.

Yeah, tweaked as much as I can but I've seen people disabled "main" features of the Diamond to save battery life, to me it defeats the purpose of the diamond. That's why I spent $$ to get it at first, if not, i can just roll with my old Touch.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work

I would rather have another battery on hand, or buy the 3000mah bettery found on eBay. You disabled almost everything I use/bought the phone for.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond