PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 09:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mrkodak89 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Keyboard Help ASAP!!

Hey Guys long time no post! Let me give you the rundown real quick on my situation. My last HTC Touch Diamond got water damage so I finally got my new one in today. I was texting and forgot that the default background color to texting was that ridiculous yellow color (which gives me a headache) so after searching through the manual for a way to replace the color, I found nothing. Than I remembered that I came on this site and downloaded new keyboards to my phone and I'm guessing that is what resulted in changing the background color to texting and selections. So I looked through my computer, found the file, downloaded it and tried it out. It pretty much took out all of my keyboards and just blurs and messes up when I open up the new keyboards. I lost my phonepad keyboard which is the one I use (12 keys like a normal phone) all the time so now I'm having to deal with messed up keyboards. Could one of you guys either help me out with keyboards that have a different background color and still have the phonepad keyboard, or at least link me to a cab that is the default keyboards? Something? Thanks guys. This is driving me insane.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Need Keyboard Help ASAP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkodak89 View Post
Hey Guys long time no post! Let me give you the rundown real quick on my situation. My last HTC Touch Diamond got water damage so I finally got my new one in today. I was texting and forgot that the default background color to texting was that ridiculous yellow color (which gives me a headache) so after searching through the manual for a way to replace the color, I found nothing. Than I remembered that I came on this site and downloaded new keyboards to my phone and I'm guessing that is what resulted in changing the background color to texting and selections. So I looked through my computer, found the file, downloaded it and tried it out. It pretty much took out all of my keyboards and just blurs and messes up when I open up the new keyboards. I lost my phonepad keyboard which is the one I use (12 keys like a normal phone) all the time so now I'm having to deal with messed up keyboards. Could one of you guys either help me out with keyboards that have a different background color and still have the phonepad keyboard, or at least link me to a cab that is the default keyboards? Something? Thanks guys. This is driving me insane.
The default keyboard is gray, isn't it? You should be able to uninstall whatever cab you installed. If you want the original keyboard, there's a cab in this post towards the bottom - "for Diamond\Touch Pro EzInput (v1.5.32437.0)". Post a screenshot of what's bothering you if you don't mind. I'm not sure what the problem is as I haven't run a stock rom in a long time.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yeah the keyboard is gray, what I was complaining about is the yellow that lights up when you're typing out a text message or when you select something in your phone menu. I downloaded a keyboard or something at some point on this website that made it green which was much more bareable. My biggest complaint is that I lost my qwerty, phonepad etc. keyboards when I installed the other cab. I deleted that cab and for some reason those keyboards are still there and the old ones arent. Blah.

Oh and I can't post screen shots.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:35 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I tried to download that CAB but it was "unsuccesful" every time I tried.

This really sucks.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:34 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hard reset?
Old 12-23-2009, 11:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Hard reset?
Won't I lose all my contacts, pictures, and etc if I hard reset?
Old 12-24-2009, 01:04 AM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well you can back up everything successfully. The only thing you loose is time. You can use My Phone to back up most everything (including text messages really).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:41 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Well you can back up everything successfully. The only thing you loose is time. You can use My Phone to back up most everything (including text messages really).
Okay I've backed up all of my stuff on My Phone now. So after I hard reset, what do I do to get all of the stuff on "My Phone" put back on my diamond?

Thanks for your help btw.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:42 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Okay nevermind that last post. I resetted the storage which gave me all my keyboards back. My Phone is absolutely awesome, thanks for letting me know about it MrObvious. I changed the theme on my phone which is apparently how I got the green backdrop to the lettering so know more nauseating yellow! Such a relief and all that stuff that could have been easily avoided if I would have paid attention. Sorry if I wasted anyones time and thanks for all the help. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Old 12-24-2009, 05:08 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Yeah. You're fine. I would suggest trying some different ROMs and playing though as it's quite fun.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond