PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
extract reg keys to prov xml

Hi,

I've used RapiConfig to extract email provisional xml

is there a way to extract reg keys right into prov xml. I wanna copy over the keys for my touch flo home screen right and left soft keys, as well as my program shortcuts, and a few other settings using a UC prov xml.

would be nice if I could extract right to prov xml so I would know I'm not making any syntax errors if it goofs up.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:24 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: extract reg keys to prov xml

Tutorial: Integrating Custom Registry Settings into a ROM w/ ProvXML - Lazy Man's Way

Edit: includes rgu-2-xml attached to tutorial.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 01-19-2009 at 05:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

RGU to XML converter look it up its by ervis

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

+1 for RGU to XML converter... accept no substitutes!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:07 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

How bout a tutorial for advanced xml commands for WM cooking? I know there's tons that you can do with xml..
Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 PM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
How bout a tutorial for advanced xml commands for WM cooking? I know there's tons that you can do with xml..
There is quite a bit you can do with xml. If you want to suggest your top topics (specific) that you would like to see, myself and other users will certainly do em up for ya. But yeah, xml is quite versatile and has many uses. I know I've found it easier just to do provxml anymore in my rom.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:01 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
There is quite a bit you can do with xml. If you want to suggest your top topics (specific) that you would like to see, myself and other users will certainly do em up for ya. But yeah, xml is quite versatile and has many uses. I know I've found it easier just to do provxml anymore in my rom.
Thanks. I'm honestly not sure what exactly I'm looking for. I guess I was hoping for a link to all the various xml commands that I could look over. Then when I saw something neat, I would go "Ooooh..."

Moving, adding, and deleting files via xml would be good for starters.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:20 PM
SuperNoob

Here is a link to the MSDN Windows developer site and the EMAIL2 CSP. Poke around at this site and it's full of info...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa455896.aspx

I can't list them all, but I use xml for:
moving files, deleting files, copying files, registry edits and a few other things.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:33 PM
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Here is a link to the MSDN Windows developer site and the EMAIL2 CSP. Poke around at this site and it's full of info...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa455896.aspx

I can't list them all, but I use xml for:
moving files, deleting files, copying files, registry edits and a few other things.
Awesome, thanks! I'm good with the reg edits, but if you can help me with moving/copying/deleting files, it would be appreciated.

I will poke around the site you linked to when I have a chance..
Old 01-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drunkdavid69 is a n00b

Well, I'm kind of a noob to posting here but I understand most of the in's and out's of these phones and I've written a little program that does exactly what you need. I call it SimpleScript. I modeled it after the SDConfig.txt commands so I could use it to create scripts similar to that or even run that one later after UC was done. That way if I changed my XML registry backups, I could reprovision them. On the side, I wrote my own Registry2XML (not to be confused with REG2XML) and XML2Registry programs. I then combined these 3 and started adding my own commands and functionality. Still working on it a little, but I use it like crazy. Currently adding functionality and learning C++ to translate it from VB.NET to C++ for speed. Basically, it has the following functionality:

-Input XML file, it will provision "Registry" and "FileOperation" sections (still working on FileOperation a little, but Registry works perfectly.)
-Input Registry Key (ex. HKCU\Software\Microsoft), it exports the entire key to XML file (ex. Microsoft.XML)
-Input any other file, it will attempt to read it looking for certain config commands (similar to those used in SDConfig.txt)

Functionality I might add:
-Convert REG or RGU to XML (I just want to convert these to XML. Then if I want them in the registry, I'll input the XML to my program. I could then write a script that would combine those two actions.)

There is no GUI. This is command-line only. The really cool thing I added is the ability to input multiple commands on the command line. For example:
SimpleScript.exe HKCU\Software\Microsoft HKCU\Software\a_c, HKLM\System S2U2.XML, Script.txt

There are a LOT of other really nifty little features I added, but I'll leave it to you the community to decide if you're interested. Just e-mail or PM me with questions/comments/requests/ideas/etc.

Also, if anyone has any ideas on how to provision a EMAIL2 section, please lead me in the right direction. That particular functionality will hopefully be added when I get more time to research it.

Thanks

If anyone has any ideas

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond