PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 06:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a way to enable tactile feedback

Yeah, I'm a super-n00b as well... but I can see the damn CAB file!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:42 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

lol.. this thread got kinda funny. i try to remember to thank people.. i ask a lot of odd ball questions, but they're odd because most things i figure out on my own... if you're not used to a pocketpc, or windows in general, then you're probably going to have a lot of problems adjusting to these phones... it sucks when people don't even try though, thats the point that i think people are trying to make. before i ask anything i go through google, forum searches, etc... if you're going to sign up on a message board, but don't know how to even navigate the file system, you're going to get some rude responses because we're all a million geek years past that point, and most of us probably don't even remember being at that point with devices like this. it's hard to give somebody constructive advice when they're asking questions that are so blatently answered by even an ounce of trial and error.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

cantwait2b:My first PPC is the Diamond I have now, which I purchased about 4 months ago. The funny thing is that I have never owned a PC and I just got my first laptop a week ago. I can navigate my Diamond a hundred times better than my laptop I remember when I first got my Diamond., I was lucky to just be able to make a phone call on it. I still have a lot to learn about my Diamond and don't even ask about my Laptop. I do a lot of googling and a lot of searching but sometimes I can still not find the answers even if it is in front of my face. As long as you make the attempt to find and learn, that is where you learn the most. And of course, if you still can't find the answers then post your questions and people will be more than happy to answer them. Its like learning to drive. You don't really start learning until you start driving. Getting the license is a start but does not give you any driving experience except the lessons you took to get your license. Similar with getting your first PPC. You don't really start learning until you start navigating Don't get frustrated and continue your PPC journey. There are alot of people on the journey with you, including myself

Last edited by Biker1; 01-18-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwait2b View Post
I did say I'm a newbie. I don't understand this technical stuff and I'm not used to spending time on chat boards to know where to find different things.
When there is a cab file or a link etc.,that is highlighted, underlined etc. just click on it or with the Touch Diamond ,just touch the screen over it and you will be directed automatically to what you "clicked" on.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Mattemer is keeping up the good workMattemer is keeping up the good work

Agreeing with both sides here, even if you miss the underlined and bolded and stickied stuff, you still somehow miss the green "thanks" button? But at the same time, when i first started here, i easily missed these things when i didn't know how it worked. i was such a n00b, i signed up when i had a moto q9c, not even a ppc, b/c i had no idea what the difference was between a smartphone and ppc.

But at the same time, and i know in some people's eyes this will mean VERY little since i'm such a n00b, you could help a million people and have a million thanks but if you have a bad attitude towards anyone it makes you look bad. the people who just keep thanking you are thanking you b/c they want what you have, not b/c you're "being nice".

Not saying this specifically about anyone here b/c i'm not familiar enough with any of your postings to comment, but just going by what i've seen occasionally on this site and others like it (although, there's none quite as great as ppcgeeks!)

Old 01-19-2009, 05:37 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattemer View Post
(although, there's none quite as great as ppcgeeks!)
There sure isn't!

Old 01-19-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch

andyandmarlys is just getting started

Not that I really want to get into a pissing match here.... My side of this is that in order to be the best community possible, people need to be able to both 1. use the search and sticky feature... and 2. ALSO FEEL FREE TO ASK FOR HELP without feeling like they are going to get ridiculed for not knowing.

I don't spend all day on these forums... use them as a resource as I need... help if I can... and occasionally ask a question. I just don't think it is OK to B**** someone out just because they don't know.

As a career educator, I don't see how people get their kicks off bullying others around... I see it in the schools that I have taught.. and I see it here.. As far as I know... could be the same people...

YES.. People should get used to searching and reading FAQ...

NO.. People don't need to be reamed for not-knowing something... IF a person chooses to neglect the advice after politely being asked.. go ahead and ream... but I think a PM would be far more useful... and would cause less forum clutter....

Sure... I don't post as much as other people who have been on here for a couple years... but how many of my posts are negative, rude, disrespectful, or a waste of forum space?

Back on topic... I am very happy with how the latest touch response has both a vibrate before... and AFTER function... Almost makes it feel like you are pushing a button in...similar to actually pressing a key on a keyboard. If you haven't tried it (the after release feature) it is worth a go... I didn't think it would make a big difference.. but I really like it...
Old 01-19-2009, 05:53 PM
THE HENCHMAN

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP

You're going way overboard here. No one got reamed, or bullied.

And when you first sign up, there are Forum rules that need to be read and obeyed. You don't obey them and other users are likely going to mess with ya. I for one will indeed point it out to you, whether you like it or not. If it comes in a form of a tease then so be it, and get over it. But in no way was the OP "Reamed" or "Bullied".

Take a Gander at the Rules that your supposed to read before you post, here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

If you don't like the rules then too bad, you need to get used to them.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch

andyandmarlys is just getting started

Ok... If you want to point our rules....

I particularly like rule #4 ---

Be a friend. be friendly... be nice.. whatever suits you... ie. drop the negativity, and we'll all get along.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING PPCGeeks.com Rules
Since we at first had a no rules policy, I will try and keep the short and sweet.

1. No curse words. And dont try to fool the Swear Filter. Instead use

2. No Posting of Adult Material without "*18+ Only*" at the beginning of the title. And all 18+ Only posts go into the Off Topic Forum.

3. Please use the search feature before starting new threads. Odds are we have already discussed your probelm.

4. No Flaming anyone, we are all friends.

5. Posting of Illegal software is not permitted. So DON'T do it. See this post.

6. We have a warning/banning system built in and we will use it.

Just follow these few simple rules and enjoy!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:11 PM
THE HENCHMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyandmarlys View Post
Ok... If you want to point our rules....

I particularly like rule #4 ---

4. No Flaming anyone, we are all friends.
Please point out where the OP was Flamed? or Bullied? or was Reamed (ouch!)?

You're going wayyyy overboard here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond