PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

tcatnat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Comm Manager Problem

I am having an issue with my Comm Manager. When I tap the icon in the settings menu or through the TF3D tab nothing happens. I get the Microsoft color wheel spinning frantically but nothing ever loads. This essentially keeps me from being able to manually turn on/off any of my connections.

Currently I have my long press end key set to Airplane mode but I would like to have control over all my connections. Any thoughts?

I am using a warranty replacement Sprint Touch Diamond. This worked fine on my original but the replacement has always had this issue.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC diamond

spiffyjiff is a n00b
Re: Comm Manager Problem

not sure if this will help but...

before i turned weatherpanel and RSS to manual updating, i noticed that sometimes the data connection would stay open for no reason after the update occurred. and when trying to turn off the data manually via comm manager would just cause it to hang in mid air/color spin wheel. (i.e. i guess the comm "application" froze so thus i couldnt get back into it. altho it should be noted that when i used airplane mode to end the connection that seemed to work/no freezing app.)

like i said before, not sure if it was WP or RSS (or maybe neither, could have been a sub-routine or something that one of those apps uses) but turning them to manual did the trick. no more hanging/needlessly open data connections.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I know I had similar issues with comm manager after trying to make changes to it in TF3D config. My guess is it is a manila version issue. Are you using a stock sprint replacement or have you modified it at all?? I had to reset my comm manager back to the default setting in TF3D config to get it working again. Hope this helps!!
Old 01-16-2009, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

tcatnat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
I know I had similar issues with comm manager after trying to make changes to it in TF3D config. My guess is it is a manila version issue. Are you using a stock sprint replacement or have you modified it at all?? I had to reset my comm manager back to the default setting in TF3D config to get it working again. Hope this helps!!
I have the stock Sprint replacement with Diamond TF3D Configuration but it was happening before I added that. How did you reset your Comm Manager back to default in TF3D config?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond