PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch

andyandmarlys is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Success with Ebay Battery 2 for $12.xx shipped

Just got mine in the mail today... same seller as this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-x-1350mAh-Battery-for-HTC-touch-Pro-T7272_W0QQitemZ230318022834QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_A udioTVElectronics_PDAsAccessories_PDABatteries?has h=item230318022834&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms= 72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

So far, looks like a HTC battery with HTC INNOVATION on side.

Marketed as a Touch Pro battery, but booted on my Sprint Diamond Just fine and has charged and shows up on the battery meter gauge. Can't say what capacity is for sure... but will know tomorrow I guess. This is the cheapest battery solution I have found so far... and I just saw an extended here..... but for only 480 more mah... why go with the fugly back case?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1800mAh-Battery-for-HTC-touch-Diamond-HTC-P3700_W0QQitemZ230318022668QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_A udioTVElectronics_PDAsAccessories_PDABatteries?has h=item230318022668&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms= 72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Same guy sells a 900mah for Diamond.. but I am guessing this is for the GSM version...

If already posted, sorry... but all I found when I was looking were people getting ripped off by bad batteries labeled for the diamond... Haven't seen anyone posting about using Touch Pro ebay batteries on the Diamond.

Note.. These have got to be fakes.... because the serial number on the 2 I received were identical... but for 6 bucks a piece shipped????? Will post back after using them for a day....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:15 AM
SL.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SL. is becoming a great contributor
Re: Success with Ebay Battery 2 for $12.xx shipped

Thanks for the information. Keep us updated, please.

Sprint Customer for 4+ Years
SERO 500 : 3 Lines : 20% Loyalty Discount : 1 HTC Diamond : 1 HTC Touch

HTC Diamond :ROM: OMJ Sense
Old 01-13-2009, 04:30 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

probably be posting from pc because ppc melted. batterys are one item i dont skimp $ on, 6 bux and wondering if there fake? aaaaaaaaaaaa ya, they are.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

might wanna look into how sprints ins policy works with batteries like urs too.. just in case.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 01-17-2009, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Threadstarter

andyandmarlys is just getting started

Reporting back.. batteries seem to be doing just fine.. Can't tell a difference from stock.. but I haven't done any scientific tests either...
Old 01-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I will be watching this thread for updates.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

infection0 reporting in! I bought this battery (same seller as the OP) and USB charger on Jan 25th and received it yesterday. It took a long time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370148065400

Using it for one day:
A moderate amount of texts, no calls whatsoever (sad ) and 20 minutes of recorded audio (Resco Audio Recorder) for in-person interviews I am doing. 8AM to 9PM, 30% battery left on MightyROM 4.4.5 and Telus Radio 1.04.

I would say normally with stock battery I would have perhaps 40% by now. It is not much of a difference, especially when I am using it just as a spare. I would recommend.

Caveats: It is not a genuine battery. The front says "HTC innovation" like the genuine one, and it even has a water damage sensor (fake or not, don't ask me). The back however shows a different set of information from my two genuine batteries. The overall build feels "less quality" and the battery is a tight fit for my CDMA diamond. It also comes with this cheap looking sticker (probably a QC sticker or something) that is white and looks really ugly and is impossible to take off.

In short, it will look ugly and fit tighter than a standard battery, and provide comparable battery life (perhaps a little bit less, but certainly within the range of 1100-1340mAH. I get through the day with it, so it will function well as a backup.
--------------

-The charger- you will notice I got a charger as well. It is obviously for the 900mAH GSM version of the Diamond battery. However it charges fine, just that the battery sticks out of the hole made for it a bit and is easier to remove (don't knock it over or the battery will fall out). It does not come with a USB cable of any sort (you will need a USB mini connector supplied). Nor does it come with a power cable. Just the unit. Luckily I had a miniUSB connector to my PC lying around. I imagine the battery charges within the Diamond as well. I like it because I don't have to charge my battery within the Diamond, but I don't like it because I don't have a wall plug to miniUSB adapter available. I have to charge it using PC. Kind of sucks.

Overall good buy, slow, cheap build quality, missing cables, but do recommend if you need it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
probably be posting from pc because ppc melted. batterys are one item i dont skimp $ on, 6 bux and wondering if there fake? aaaaaaaaaaaa ya, they are.
Don't be silly. You do realize that the cheap batteries in most cases come off the exact same assembly line as the branded batteries you buy in the carrier's store, yes?

And I've gone with many, many cheapo eBay batteries over the years. I use the cheapo batteries in my cell phones, my DSLRs, my compact point and shoots, you name it. They have universally been every bit as good as the originals.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
Don't be silly. You do realize that the cheap batteries in most cases come off the exact same assembly line as the branded batteries you buy in the carrier's store, yes?

And I've gone with many, many cheapo eBay batteries over the years. I use the cheapo batteries in my cell phones, my DSLRs, my compact point and shoots, you name it. They have universally been every bit as good as the originals.
I'm a little sketchy about buying cheap batteries after seeing the video of the guy who got killed because he was using a cheap Chinese battery in his phone and it exploded in his shirt pocket.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I'm a little sketchy about buying cheap batteries after seeing the video of the guy who got killed because he was using a cheap Chinese battery in his phone and it exploded in his shirt pocket.
I grabbed my neck upon reading that story.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond