PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Success with Ebay Battery 2 for $12.xx shipped (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52968)

andyandmarlys 01-13-2009 02:01 AM

Success with Ebay Battery 2 for $12.xx shipped

Just got mine in the mail today... same seller as this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-x-1350mAh-Battery-for-HTC-touch-Pro-T7272_W0QQitemZ230318022834QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_A udioTVElectronics_PDAsAccessories_PDABatteries?has h=item230318022834&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms= 72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

So far, looks like a HTC battery with HTC INNOVATION on side.

Marketed as a Touch Pro battery, but booted on my Sprint Diamond Just fine and has charged and shows up on the battery meter gauge. Can't say what capacity is for sure... but will know tomorrow I guess. This is the cheapest battery solution I have found so far... and I just saw an extended here..... but for only 480 more mah... why go with the fugly back case?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1800mAh-Battery-for-HTC-touch-Diamond-HTC-P3700_W0QQitemZ230318022668QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_A udioTVElectronics_PDAsAccessories_PDABatteries?has h=item230318022668&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms= 72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Same guy sells a 900mah for Diamond.. but I am guessing this is for the GSM version...

If already posted, sorry... but all I found when I was looking were people getting ripped off by bad batteries labeled for the diamond... Haven't seen anyone posting about using Touch Pro ebay batteries on the Diamond.

Note.. These have got to be fakes.... because the serial number on the 2 I received were identical... but for 6 bucks a piece shipped????? Will post back after using them for a day....

SL. 01-13-2009 04:15 AM

Re: Success with Ebay Battery 2 for $12.xx shipped

Thanks for the information. Keep us updated, please. :D

darren.wlsn1 01-13-2009 04:30 AM

probably be posting from pc because ppc melted. batterys are one item i dont skimp $ on, 6 bux and wondering if there fake? aaaaaaaaaaaa ya, they are.

No1ustad 01-13-2009 04:44 AM

might wanna look into how sprints ins policy works with batteries like urs too.. just in case.

andyandmarlys 01-17-2009 03:31 PM

Reporting back.. batteries seem to be doing just fine.. Can't tell a difference from stock.. but I haven't done any scientific tests either...

infection0 01-17-2009 06:42 PM

I will be watching this thread for updates.

infection0 02-19-2009 03:10 AM

infection0 reporting in! I bought this battery (same seller as the OP) and USB charger on Jan 25th and received it yesterday. It took a long time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370148065400

Using it for one day:
A moderate amount of texts, no calls whatsoever (sad :( ) and 20 minutes of recorded audio (Resco Audio Recorder) for in-person interviews I am doing. 8AM to 9PM, 30% battery left on MightyROM 4.4.5 and Telus Radio 1.04.

I would say normally with stock battery I would have perhaps 40% by now. It is not much of a difference, especially when I am using it just as a spare. I would recommend.

Caveats: It is not a genuine battery. The front says "HTC innovation" like the genuine one, and it even has a water damage sensor (fake or not, don't ask me). The back however shows a different set of information from my two genuine batteries. The overall build feels "less quality" and the battery is a tight fit for my CDMA diamond. It also comes with this cheap looking sticker (probably a QC sticker or something) that is white and looks really ugly and is impossible to take off.

In short, it will look ugly and fit tighter than a standard battery, and provide comparable battery life (perhaps a little bit less, but certainly within the range of 1100-1340mAH. I get through the day with it, so it will function well as a backup.
--------------

-The charger- you will notice I got a charger as well. It is obviously for the 900mAH GSM version of the Diamond battery. However it charges fine, just that the battery sticks out of the hole made for it a bit and is easier to remove (don't knock it over or the battery will fall out). It does not come with a USB cable of any sort (you will need a USB mini connector supplied). Nor does it come with a power cable. Just the unit. Luckily I had a miniUSB connector to my PC lying around. I imagine the battery charges within the Diamond as well. I like it because I don't have to charge my battery within the Diamond, but I don't like it because I don't have a wall plug to miniUSB adapter available. I have to charge it using PC. Kind of sucks.

Overall good buy, slow, cheap build quality, missing cables, but do recommend if you need it.

jonnythan 02-19-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 636582)
probably be posting from pc because ppc melted. batterys are one item i dont skimp $ on, 6 bux and wondering if there fake? aaaaaaaaaaaa ya, they are.

Don't be silly. You do realize that the cheap batteries in most cases come off the exact same assembly line as the branded batteries you buy in the carrier's store, yes?

And I've gone with many, many cheapo eBay batteries over the years. I use the cheapo batteries in my cell phones, my DSLRs, my compact point and shoots, you name it. They have universally been every bit as good as the originals.

Drybonz 02-20-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnythan (Post 722792)
Don't be silly. You do realize that the cheap batteries in most cases come off the exact same assembly line as the branded batteries you buy in the carrier's store, yes?

And I've gone with many, many cheapo eBay batteries over the years. I use the cheapo batteries in my cell phones, my DSLRs, my compact point and shoots, you name it. They have universally been every bit as good as the originals.

I'm a little sketchy about buying cheap batteries after seeing the video of the guy who got killed because he was using a cheap Chinese battery in his phone and it exploded in his shirt pocket.

infection0 02-20-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 725881)
I'm a little sketchy about buying cheap batteries after seeing the video of the guy who got killed because he was using a cheap Chinese battery in his phone and it exploded in his shirt pocket.

I grabbed my neck upon reading that story.