PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 07:33 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Success with Ebay Battery 2 for $12.xx shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I'm a little sketchy about buying cheap batteries after seeing the video of the guy who got killed because he was using a cheap Chinese battery in his phone and it exploded in his shirt pocket.
<My opinion>
How many aftermarket batteries do you think are sold around the world... And every single time I read a thread about these batteries someone brings up the story about the guy in china and the exploding battery...

I think you have a higher chance of dying because...
1) Talking on the phone while walking and falling into the street.
2) Talking on the phone while driving...
3) Getting hit by someone talking on the phone while driving.

I hear about more people getting hit by lightning than people dying from exploding batteries. Maybe we should all stop going outside.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

i don't think many of the ppl on ppcgeeks go outside much as it is anyways.

but yea... i feel better about HTC batteries as well...

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 02-20-2009, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

tacke is just getting started
Smile Re: Success with Ebay Battery 2 for $12.xx shipped

Quote:
I'm a little sketchy about buying cheap batteries after seeing the video of the guy who got killed because he was using a cheap Chinese battery in his phone and it exploded in his shirt pocket.
No, that guy was found out later to got killed by a home made gun, not the battery
Old 02-20-2009, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacke View Post
No, that guy was found out later to got killed by a home made gun, not the battery
Actually, I just heard it was a home made gun powered by a Chinese battery, fired by an assassin, hired by the OEM battery manufacturers union to make the Chinese knock-off battery guys look bad.

Last edited by Drybonz; 02-20-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Actually, I just heard it was a home made gun powered by a Chinese battery, fired by an assassin, hired by the OEM battery manufacturers union to make the Chinese knock-off battery guys look bad.
ROFL

This thread is hilarious, remind me not to put my phone in my shirt pocket. Or my front pocket for that matter <---------Homemade Vasectomy!

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 02-21-2009, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

ouch....
Old 03-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Just wanted to say I bit the bullet and bought a couple of batteries from the seller mentioned in this thread, ordered last Friday around 5pm, got here Tuesday via Airmail. Confirmed knockoffs (just like everything on ebay from China).

So far so good, and so thankful I don't have to lug around a HUGE battery back for the Ginormous Long Life batteries I'm sure you guys have seen pictures of.

These batteries are so small and compact, I forget they are in my pocket! (I only carry 1 with me) Friggin Awesome!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

ecco is a n00b

I ordered a cradle with a battery that looked oem from the picture. We'll see when it arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
ROFL

This thread is hilarious, remind me not to put my phone in my shirt pocket. Or my front pocket for that matter <---------Homemade Vasectomy!

-s
I don't know about you, but my front pants pocket is on the outside of my leg.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

i use the mugen power batteries and the sedio batteris. Currently i have a touch diamond and am using the mugen power battery 3000 mha battery. It is about 1/4" thicker then stock thus needing a new battery door. I dont like the new battery door for this battery as it does not have an outer plastic lens for the camera. It seems no after market does not even normal sized ones......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond