PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Microsoft Exchange (Push) ONLY works with Juggalo's ROM for me (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52939)

carterisgod 01-12-2009 10:17 PM

Microsoft Exchange (Push) ONLY works with Juggalo's ROM for me

And I don't know why. On any other ROM, I have to manually hit "send/receive" 97% of the time (3% of the time, it will "push" my email). It didn't work with the stock Telus, any of Juicy's or any of Mighty's ROMs (and I've flashed many).

On the advice of fellow forum members, I updated my radio and then tested 2 newer Juicy ROMs for a week and then the latest Mighty ROM for a week. Nada.

I re-flashed Juggalo's Diamond ROM this morning and Push email works just as it did when I had this ROM installed previously.

Can anyone identify the possible difference in Juggalo's ROM that is causing this to work where it won't for stock/Juicy/Mighty?

I'm sure I'll get a few "well if it works, just stick with Juggalo's ROM" replies. However, that's not the point. I'm really looking to identify the difference.

SmknJoe 01-12-2009 11:27 PM

Re: Microsoft Exchange (Push) ONLY works with Juggalo's ROM for me

what kind of push service do you have set up?

carterisgod 01-12-2009 11:29 PM

Full Exchange with www.themessagecenter.com

daoom 01-13-2009 12:16 AM

I'm running Mighty 4.1 and I get emails just fine. Before that I was on a Juicy ROM and i got email, calendar, and contacts updated as they changed. Might be something in the way you're configuring it.

kidFromBigD 01-13-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carterisgod (Post 635963)
<snip>

Can anyone identify the possible difference in Juggalo's ROM that is causing this to work where it won't for stock/Juicy/Mighty?

I'm sure I'll get a few "well if it works, just stick with Juggalo's ROM" replies. However, that's not the point. I'm really looking to identify the difference.

I feel your pain.

My Diamond syncs with Exchange-based email very well, running Mighty 4.1, and previously on Juicy 3.x and 4.x.

While I cannot pinpoint exactly the differences between ROMs, I can suggest something:

On the device, open your "Comm Manager" and toggle(turn off, then turn on) the "Data Connection", and then toggle "Microsoft Direct Push" in that order. In the past, this was enough to kick start the receipt of emails immediately.

Of course, make sure email handling on Active Sync on your PC is set to "When New Items Arrive"

Hope that's clear. Give it a shot and report back your findings.

benoahriz 08-24-2009 01:11 AM

i got that same exchange problem... still trying to figure it out...

gadgetfreak 08-24-2009 01:27 AM

Thread moved to the correct forum. Thanks!

Fixup 09-29-2009 03:23 PM

I'm having the same problem, even with the latest Juggalo's ROM.

I also have a xv6900, the same problem too.

I've tried many ROMs, WM6.1 or WM6.5, the same problem.

On the same phones, MS Live pushes perfectly. The problem is just with Exchange, it polls, instead of pushes, every 15 minutes.

Yes, I know how to set up Exchange push and I had been using this feature on Moto Q for years fine.

Seems HTC phones have trouble with Exchange.

I was not using Exchange for a long time though as I was using MS Live. Now Gmail supports Excahnge, so I gave it a try and trouble. It works beautifully on my iPod Touch via WiFi, even during sleep!