PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Slide to answer cab or 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
Here is the one I made. It includes very little files and works for me. I actually use this one for my rom. The only thing is you will lose the ability for ## codes unless you switch to the standard WM dialer. Be sure to uninstall any other dialars you have and have the stock Diamond dialer.
Thanks for this. I was playing around with this and doing a bit of research and found a couple of things.

First thing, after you answer a curtain covers the buttons. For some reason sliding the curtain down doesn't always work too well. You can disable this curtain by setting HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE phonelockenable from 1 to 0.

Also, 2 of the 6 quick buttons are different. My stock dialer has call history, calendar, note, mute, speaker, contacts. This slide to answer dialer has hold, add call, note, mute, speaker, contacts. The hold and add call are disabled on mine. This made me want my old butons back. After digging around in the registry I found display settings for many different buttons in the dialer. This makes me think that you can customize these buttons. Look at HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\btninfo\portrait\progress\ * you will see registry settings for: addcall, calendar, camera, conference, contact, end, history, hold, mute, note, speaker, swap, switch to camera, switchview, talk. I'm willing to bet that "swap" is the button a lot of users are lookin for to "flash" between calls or 3-way calls or something like that. I'm not sure how to change the buttons, but maybe someone here can figure it out. I would make a guess that you might try adding registry entries to HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\applist. Anybody have any ideas???
Old 01-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tried these with smashing success!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=76

Very lightly ported over and fully functional.

BTW this one is pretty much perfect, has the slide to answer, the transparent curtain and no video call crap that I can find. Only thing that still bugs me from this one are the grayed out hold and add call buttons when in a call instead of the original CDMA version buttons. EPST shortcuts worked fine as well!

Last edited by nttdemented; 01-12-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Guys, open a data connection and you may find that after installing these ported cabs that your data will never go dormant/turn off by itself again!! It is a known and recurring issue throughout all of these HTC Slide to Answer cab series. Anybody know the fix?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
Guys, open a data connection and you may find that after installing these ported cabs that your data will never go dormant/turn off by itself again!! It is a known and recurring issue throughout all of these HTC Slide to Answer cab series. Anybody know the fix?
Aww, just noticed that one, thanks for pointing it out.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
This worked for me

HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/SuspendResume

Change from "if_bye...." (some other stuff after that) to #777 it will fix that problem. That is going to be fixed in my 2.6 rom. Just found that was the problem. At least for me it was.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

06gmc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
This worked for me

HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/SuspendResume

Change from "if_bye...." (some other stuff after that) to #777 it will fix that problem. That is going to be fixed in my 2.6 rom. Just found that was the problem. At least for me it was.
I have been having the same issue. So far haven't been able to figure it out.

That registry entry is already in mine. So that wont work.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have never been able to get both to work. So only install these cabs if you are willing to live with a little instability.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 01-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tried it and that slide to show keypad feature is very annoying lol...because when I was talking, the phone goes to sleep then I have to turn it on, and then have to perform another extra step to show the keys...grrrr...I like the slide to answer feature though to prevent accidental phone answering..
Old 01-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I tried using that cab I posted about yesterday for my full day of work and I didn't try the registry tweak to help the data to to sleep but the data did go to sleep after quite some time. But when it went to sleep so did my ringer and the only thing that made my phone's ringer work again was a soft reset. I lost like 10 calls yesterday because of that, I'm passing on this pending other user's future reports as this gets developed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond