PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul for Diamond, swap for Pro?

So I broke the screen on my Mogul of the 23rd, went to the Sprint phone and they refused to fix it even though I had TEP, said I had to go through Assurion, and paid the 50 and ordered the Mogul on the 24th. Now it's been 10 business days and Assurion has no Idea when they will get any in stock, so they offered me the Touch (no wifi) and the Diamond (no Microsd). They say they can't get me a Touch Pro (grrr).

Here's my question. If I take the Diamond and 4 gigglebites isn't enough, what are the odds that I can either swap it out for a Mogul or swap it out for a Touch Pro (please please)?

P.S.: I already Searched for the answer, but I couldn't find an answer. I'll keep looking though.
P.P.S.: Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Feel free to move it.
PHONE HISTORY: Sony Ericsson T61c> LG VX7000 (Charging Port Broke)>LG vx8500 (Chocolate) X5 (Phone was a piece of ****)> LG vx8600> Samsung u740 (I don't even remember by now)> Samsung u740 (No service)> Samsung u740 (10 Dropped calls daily) (Goodbye Verizon) > PPC6800 Mogul)>Moto Q9c> PPC6800 Mogul > PPC6850 Touch Pro (Plus a PPC6900 just for fun)

Last edited by JoeBobOneHalf; 01-10-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Mogul for Diamond, swap for Pro?

swap diamond for pro even up? highly dought it. i keep reading there are no pros. goodluck
Old 01-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

When you say Assurion "can't" get you a Pro, does that mean they are willing to give you a Pro if one becomes available, or are they saying no to an upgrade to the Pro? If they will give you one, you'll have to wait like everyone else. If they won't upgrade, it gets harder.

Tell them you specifically got your Mogul because it had both MicroSD and WiFi, therefore neither the Touch or the Diamond are of any use to you. I'm sure you need the additional storage capacity the card has for your work where you use the WiFi to connect to your network Ask them what it would take to get you a Pro.

If you can't get anywhere with Assurion, try Sprint customer service. You may have to work your way up through the levels until you get to retentions, but they might be able to help you get a Pro if you explain Assurion can't supply you with a replacement equivalent to your Mogul. Be prepared to pay as the Pro is definitely an upgrade to the Mogul. Having dealt with retentions on 2 separate issues involving 4 phones, I have been very happy with their ability to arrive at a solution (just my 2 cents worth).

PM me if you get stuck and I can send you a direct phone number for retentions. Good luck.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i agree with darren.you could call *2 a couple of times and see if you can finese a tp from one of them.(if you say the right things,you'd be amazed!)
Old 01-10-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO(no 4g)
Carrier: The big red machine

goonygugle is just getting started

tell them the main reason you got the mogul was for the slide out qwerty, and the touch nor diamond would be suitable replacements.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:35 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i had sprint give me a diamond, and then they gave me a touch pro because i went through 3 diamonds. just call *2 and see what they can do. i talked to ecare through email personally, but either or can work, just depends on the person and how much they are willing to give you. the longer you've been a customer, and the amount of time you have left on your contract are the biggest factors in getting things from them though.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4, 32GB
Carrier: VZW

Shohan is just getting started

What about getting a Diamond and checking it out. If you like it great, if not couldn't you swap it in store before 30 days for a Pro? I've not done this, but I want to say I've seen some other posts that did it. Maybe do a search and see what you can find or ask your store rep about it. You might have to pay a difference between the two though.

HTC Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro 2 > Droid > iPhone 4.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

hate101 is a n00b

The Touch Pro's will not be back in stock Until 01 26 09, or so its the rumor, around the call center.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

themystx2 is just getting started

If we could get you a Touch Pro within reason, we would. Don't think Sprint has a magic stash of Touch Pros sitting around for people who think their Mogul is slow or their Diamond doesn't have a keyboard. Wait like everyone else.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 01-11-2009, 04:03 PM
bigbilal04

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

stop being greedy and just take the diamond, thats one hell of an upgrade as it is.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond