PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: 99% PPCGeeks... 1% Sprint

churchboyfresh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: Mogul for Diamond, swap for Pro?

This is almost the same as what happend to me... mogul broke (store rep did it tho) Insurance replaced it with a Touch (no wifi) when the Diamond came out i bugged em for 1 week and got it, when the Pro came out, I bugged em, and I have one on reserve, and I was told it should come to the wherehouse in 2 weeks (from this past thursday)... Just call em, and talk to the ppl who don't sound very "American*"

*No offense to all: non-americans, nationalized citizens, illegal aliens, and Canadians
Old 01-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

pumajonson is a n00b
Re: Mogul for Diamond, swap for Pro?

It is possible!!!!!! That's what i did. Bought a touch on craigslist for 95.00 swapped it for a diamond, waited for the PRO swapped it when it came out (I paid no money for any of the upgrades) Just be careful Sprint will try to stiff you with the charges, you have to constantly check your bill and call to follow up on the credits. I have 5 lines and been with sprint for over 9 yrs. I told them to help me or I was going somewhere else. Just remember be patient and be nice to them and they will help you.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

pumajonson is a n00b

It is possible!!!!!! That's what i did. Bought a touch on craigslist for 95.00 swapped it for a diamond, waited for the PRO swapped it when it came out (I paid no money for any of the upgrades) Just be careful Sprint will try to stiff you with the charges, you have to constantly check your bill and call to follow up on the credits. I have 5 lines and been with sprint for over 9 yrs. I told them to help me or I was going somewhere else. Just remember be patient and be nice to them and they will help you. =D>
Old 01-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Im telling you, Take the Diamond! I just got mine in the mail from sprint. I called them on Saturday and received it yesterday (Monday) so I dont think they are going to run out. I really like it. I thought I would hate it but I was wrong. The screen is very responsive and you dont have to use your stylus to type or your nail! Im not saying Im not missing my hardware buttons on my mogul but Ill get used to it. Good Luck
Old 01-13-2009, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652

bacspasm is becoming a great contributor

Well I still have my mogul and would trade it for your diamond if you get it! But seriously, like what Nelly said, the diamond is pretty good. I migrated from Mogul to diamond last year, am totally satisfied. I like the slimmer form factor and am used to the software keyboard.

The keyboard is nice on the Touch pro and mogul but the interface is nice on the diamond and the form factor is a good trade for the keyboard.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w

gamma_3 is a n00b

What Ypu Do Is Call Asurion Tell Them That The Spjone That Is Comprable To The Mogul Is The Touch Pro Because Of The Key Board.... Complain Then Ask For A Manager Hey Will Overwrite The List And Sent You A Touch Pro.... If That Doesnot Work Call *2 Ask For The Retention Department Say You Are Going To Cancel Because The Insurance Is Giving You A Phone That Does Not Compare To Your Mogul Because It Does Not Have A Keyboard And Say You Are Goin To Cancel Then The Retention Department Pight Send You One For Free But They Are Going To Ship It To You Dont Go To The Sprint Store..............
Old 01-17-2009, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor

A quick little update to my story. I talked to the manager at Asurion and she said her system would not allow her to change it for a Touch Pro. Two days later, a Mogul was shipped out, which I received my Mogul on Wednesday the 14th (three weeks after I paid for it). So time for the bad news and the good news.

Bad News: The replacement Mogul's keyboard was faulty (40% of the keys either didn't work or would enter 2-6 letters on a single strike.) A hard reset and a fresh flash didn't fix it.

Good news: I went to my local Sprint repair center, teld them everything in a very chill and polite tone (probably helps I'm always nice with them when I'm there) and the tech takes it back, comes out a few minutes later and says "We don't sell the Mogul anymore, so I ordered the Pro, the 6850. It should be here Tuesday or Wednesday."

YEAH! I'm getting a Touch Pro and I didn't have to be a jerk or try to screw anyone or anything. WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

P.S.: can someone move this to the Touch Pro forum.
PHONE HISTORY: Sony Ericsson T61c> LG VX7000 (Charging Port Broke)>LG vx8500 (Chocolate) X5 (Phone was a piece of ****)> LG vx8600> Samsung u740 (I don't even remember by now)> Samsung u740 (No service)> Samsung u740 (10 Dropped calls daily) (Goodbye Verizon) > PPC6800 Mogul)>Moto Q9c> PPC6800 Mogul > PPC6850 Touch Pro (Plus a PPC6900 just for fun)
Old 01-18-2009, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Its a POS

Bird11 is just getting started

Using the argument that the mogul has a keyboard and the diamond doesn't with asurionwill not work. Ive tried it. There response is that they can offer you a treo with a keyboard for your mogul.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

jax2k3 is a n00b

With my provider, I had the mogul (P4000) and I loved it to death, and with the diamond out at that time, and the touch pro wasn't.... I hated the diamond, so i go rid of it....
trust me, going the extra mile with provider to make sure you get the touch pro is worth it. Diamond is good, but limited (4GB Internal SD (can't add own SD [certain providers], no physical keyboard).
Old 01-24-2009, 11:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Dioamond

NeedAnewPhone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i had sprint give me a diamond, and then they gave me a touch pro because i went through 3 diamonds. just call *2 and see what they can do. i talked to ecare through email personally, but either or can work, just depends on the person and how much they are willing to give you. the longer you've been a customer, and the amount of time you have left on your contract are the biggest factors in getting things from them though.

They "gave" you a diamond? Man I thought was doing well by renewing my contract and getting two diamonds for $100.00/per phone, no activation, and no shipping. I have been with Sprint for 8 years, and been on a month to month contract for the last 6 months. I just did the deal yesterday, and they are still in transit so I'm sure I have options, but I'm thinking I gave in to easy........

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond