PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Can Lock the clock? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52598)

KingArthur 01-10-2009 02:01 AM

Can Lock the clock?

I am tired of looking at my clock and it has the wrong time because I accidentally pressed it and it changed time zones. Anyone have any suggestions?

eenieMINI 01-10-2009 02:24 AM

Re: Can Lock the clock?

Press it and change the timezones back?

KingArthur 01-10-2009 12:44 PM

I change it back...

Just would like to know when I look at the time...I know its on the correct time zone.

ou2mame 01-10-2009 03:24 PM

yeah, i'd rather not be able to push it at all. i don't use the alarms enough to warrant the annoyances it brings.

KingArthur 01-10-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 631384)
yeah, i'd rather not be able to push it at all. i don't use the alarms enough to warrant the annoyances it brings.

Yeah...Glad to know some else is with me.

Trident 01-10-2009 03:31 PM

This would be a great idea.
I often find that I look at my phone and I'm on the clock/alarm settings window.
It really shouldn't be that tough to do, either.

eenieMINI 01-10-2009 07:44 PM

Ah.. I wasn't thinking that far ahead.. sorry. :)
I have that happen a lot too.. well not changing time zone but looking down and finding the phone on the timezone screen.

nuclear 01-11-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingArthur (Post 631392)
Yeah...Glad to know some else is with me.

I agree; the clock should not be clickable. I always power the screen on from last use to find the timezone/alarm screen up.

eenieMINI 01-12-2009 01:17 AM

You can always move it to the top corner and get it out of the way..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52437

KingArthur 01-27-2009 10:48 PM

sorry to come back late. When you move it to corner...does it make it harder to tap it?

KingArthur 02-24-2009 08:13 PM

I like the work on the cab to move the clock to the corner but I like in the center more.

Will someone answer my cry's to put a lock on the clock](*,)

I know someone can do it:protest:

eenieMINI 02-24-2009 10:08 PM

I'm betting its in the mode9 file for the home screen where we can edit out the carrier info..... Let me try something... file is 1c684cd8_manila I'm wanting to edit out my alarm and all day appointments showing on screen anyway...

crazychef 02-24-2009 10:19 PM

theres gotta be a way to cut out or disable the association between clicking on it, and then alarms opening..

PintozozDIAM 02-24-2009 10:48 PM

bro i secnd all of this. tired of an alarm setting it self, or finding the time zone screen

eenieMINI 02-24-2009 10:52 PM

I thought I had it... was able to remove the alarm text showing but it messed up the rest of the screen and still my clock clicked.. I've got to study this.. I'm not well versed in programming so I don't understand all I'm "reading" in the mode9 editor... I just keep replacing my backup copy when I screw it bad... someone who knows what the codes/functions mean would be better to edit it.. but if I get it right I'll be sure to post the fix.

nameuser 02-24-2009 11:02 PM

With Tweaks2k2 you can lock the Clock settings, and then when you tap clock on the home screen nothing happens!

In Tweaks2k2, go to Tweaks\Security, check the item 'No access to change the time', and you're done!

eenieMINI 02-24-2009 11:04 PM

OMGosh cool! thanks...... but that would mean its a registry setting.... anyone wanna give? I don't want to buy a program I don't really need.

[sammich] 02-24-2009 11:13 PM

In all reality, there should be a way to remove the link to the clock settings from one of the manila files.

nameuser 02-24-2009 11:15 PM

Actually you can also do it with SKTools,
In SKTools, go to 'Tune Up!', select the Security tab (tabs are at the bottom), scroll down to 'Lock Clock applet', there you are!

eenieMINI 02-24-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 736648)
In all reality, there should be a way to remove the link to the clock settings from one of the manila files.

I'm sure its in the file I posted about but I can't figure out exactly what to change...

nameuser 02-24-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 736648)

Are we talking about Manila or the original WM Today screen?

[sammich] 02-24-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nameuser (Post 736658)
Are we talking about Manila or the original WM Today screen?

Both. In TF3D, when you press your HUGE clock, it opens the settings.

In the standard WM today screen, if you press the date, it opens the settings.

eenieMINI 02-24-2009 11:43 PM

Ah I have SKTools... lets see though if it works for manila...

yep.. totally worked.... and here I was struggling to understand the coding... I wonder what registry it edited.

KingArthur 02-25-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 736656)
I'm sure its in the file I posted about but I can't figure out exactly what to change...

That what I'm talking about. I think were getting close. All we need is a simple registry hack or a simple cab so we can go back and change to time it need be.

I wish I wasn't a noob at this:angry7:

Trident 02-25-2009 02:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just did something that's going to work well for me- maybe for you too.
Using SSMaPa 0.2.4.3 I changed the association of the clock to Quickmenu, so when tapped, I get my Start/QuickMenu open.
No more accidental time changes!
It's not actually a lock, but it will definitely stop anything serious from happening.

chad.wray 02-25-2009 05:52 PM

I always do this too.
Can someone come up with the registry entry to fix this.

rie 02-25-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nameuser (Post 736653)
Actually you can also do it with SKTools,
In SKTools, go to 'Tune Up!', select the Security tab (tabs are at the bottom), scroll down to 'Lock Clock applet', there you are!

This one's free! http://s-k-tools.com/a/SKTools5.CAB

This locks both the clock on the Today screen AND the Clocks & Alarms button in the Settings menu. Inconvenient, but as not as inconvenient as people randomly grabbing your phone and poking at it and changing the time zone and alarm clock without realizing.

OrBy 02-26-2009 11:11 AM

I don't use tf3d but with the normal today screen I don't use the stock time/date plugin but rather use "pocket digital clock 1.1.9". It has an option than when you tap on it - "do nothing" and it has an adjustable size/font and even seconds display.

02840 02-26-2009 12:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a "Disable Clock Click" thread from the TP.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...780#post717780

Quote:

To change the behavior of the clock/alarm when you touch them on the home page use SSMaPa, it will allow you to change what programs are launched when you select items in TF3D. I've attached a program that does nothing you can associate with the clock using SSMaPa so nothing happens if you hit the clock by accident.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407777

[sammich] 02-26-2009 06:30 PM

Thanks for all the resources in this thread! I never knew SKTools had the option... Now I won't have alarm problems!

KingArthur 02-27-2009 12:22 AM

I just install sktools on both my diamonds and that seem to have done the trick. Someone should make a cab that you can lock and unlock the clock with a button press. I always wonder how you guys figure this crap out.

KingArthur 03-03-2009 03:51 PM

Well guys....after a week with the sktools installed, I noticed one day day that the time was wrong. I unlocked it and it changed from central to mountain time again.

So I guess the problem wasn't with me...its the phone. My phone is flashed to cricket so maybe it is getting a signal from the carrier to change the time. It is not the Rom because it has done this with others too and it is not just my diamond...it does this on my wife's phone too.

oh well...I tried.:(

MrObvious 03-03-2009 05:21 PM

You can turn off automatic updating I think.

KingArthur 03-03-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 751290)
You can turn off automatic updating I think.

Where would I find it at?

eenieMINI 03-03-2009 07:10 PM

In the phone settings.. go to Start/Settings/Phone then click on the services tab and then "Time Synchronization" then Get Settings and uncheck the box.

KingArthur 03-03-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 751515)
In the phone settings.. go to Start/Settings/Phone then click on the services tab and then "Time Synchronization" then Get Settings and uncheck the box.

Thanks... I found it and unchecked the box. Then I used sktools to lock it. Now lets see what happens.

eenieMINI 03-03-2009 09:11 PM

Crossing fingers for you.....