PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 11:26 AM
N00b

fuznuts is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone boots, but then turns off

Hey there guys. I am once again in need of your assistance (maybe sprint should pay you instead of its ignorant employees...

Well anyway, I bought a second battery for my htc touch from a website called the "cellphoneshop". I use an external charger for it so I can just turn my phone off, replace the used one with a fully charged one (which is only about half the thickness of the stock one).

This was working fine for a few days. Even though the secondary battery only has about 50% of the original battery's charge-life. But recently when I put the battery in it allows me to boot, and goes all the way to the "today" screen. But about 10 seconds after the opening sound, the phone just shuts off. No long shut-down process like it is supposed to do, but just like i took the battery out...

I would say this is a battery issue, but sometimes it still works. The area where the main screen shows your batteries charge has an exclamation point and no battery life shown, but that has always been the case.

I am running Juicy's Rom with very few other applications.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-07-2009, 12:19 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1
Re: Phone boots, but then turns off

You have defective battery.

Most cheap aftermarket Ebay batteries (not Seidio or the like) have charging issues and don't show battery level in today screens. Contact the manufacturer you bought it from and get it replaced.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fuznuts is a n00b
Re: Phone boots, but then turns off

thanks bro... truthfully though i doubt i'll get it replaced by these ****les...
all their stuff so far has been rather ****ty.

With that said, I'll be looking for a good place to purchase accessories at a relatively fair price.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond