PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel

Zigi19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Zigi19
Smile Is The HTC Diamond Worth It

Hello everyone i just had a few questions. i found a HTC touch diamond for sprint unlocked for 200$ or a Mogul for 200 and was wondering which was better and i use Alltel and VZW prepaid could i use them on those services. Thank you all for your time and help
Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

boomhower is becoming a great contributor
Re: Is The HTC Diamond Worth It

If you don't have a die hard need for a hardware keyboard then go with the diamond. It is superior in pretty much every other way. I know the diamond can be activated on Verizon but am not sure about prepaid. I have no idea about Alltel, it is CDMA so technically it is possible but I do not know if anyone has successfully done it.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:45 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
If you don't have a die hard need for a hardware keyboard then go with the diamond. It is superior in pretty much every other way. I know the diamond can be activated on Verizon but am not sure about prepaid. I have no idea about Alltel, it is CDMA so technically it is possible but I do not know if anyone has successfully done it.
I dont wanna turn it into one of these but...
Quote:
It is superior in pretty much every other way.
WOA! the pro is actually superior in hardware with the microsd, keyboard, and flash. Otherwise they are EXACTLY the same

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:45 PM
bigbilal04

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

yes you can flash sprint diamond to alltel service, not prepaid however.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
I dont wanna turn it into one of these but...

WOA! the pro is actually superior in hardware with the microsd, keyboard, and flash. Otherwise they are EXACTLY the same
Hibby, he said the Diamond or the Mogul but you are still right! The diamond lacks all the hardware buttons that the Mogul has and has an internal storage of 4GB and has no flash for the camera. I just got one this week and am lovin it. You will learn to live without them but I do miss them.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:35 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly04 View Post
Hibby, he said the Diamond or the Mogul but you are still right! The diamond lacks all the hardware buttons that the Mogul has and has an internal storage of 4GB and has no flash for the camera. I just got one this week and am lovin it. You will learn to live without them but I do miss them.
Wow.. don't i feel like an idiot...
Old 01-14-2009, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: PagePlusCellular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work

Typing lots of text on any mobile device is still a pain in the a$$, so I prefer not to have a hardware keyboard.

You cannot activate a Diamond on Verizon Inpulse, but you can activate it on PagePlusCellular that's way better than Inpulse anyway. You'll need a modified PRL, see the related threads few lines down.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

kaos4u2nv is a n00b

No matter what people say, the battery life has forever been horrible for me no matter what new ROM I've flashed to or registry tweak or even new Radio. I can't go a full day without having to switch out the battery I say NO, it's not worth it if you are not within 10 ft of a charger.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

Zigi19 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Zigi19

i never seen page plus before they cover my area and i never had a clue also im still deciding the which one to pick BUT thank you for everyone who answered the page plus idea sounds great but i wonder about data cause i use my phone as a modem alot when im out and i like browsing from the phone
Old 01-15-2009, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: PagePlusCellular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work

Go to howardforums for details about PagePlus, especially my posts there. It uses the same Verizon network. It is only $0.05 to $0.06 per minute. No any hidden fee, except $0.50 monthly charges which is really nothing. A $10 refill won't expire for 120 days and roll over if you refill within 120 days. You can use any CDMA phones (Verizon, Sprint and no brand). You can use QNC data, not very fast (14.4k) but free. If you activate a new phone or port it in, you get $10 free money to start. It is God's gift.

You choice is not about the soft or hard keyboard. I don't know the Mogul, but I know these things are very good on my Diamond:

1) The speaker is very close to the earphone, ideal for VOIP (SIP/Skype). This is my first phone that really does VOIP (g729 or g723, g711 won't work, even on EVDO Rev. A).
2) The camera takes real pictures, especially close up (30 mm). This is my first phone that can leave my digital camera home.
3) A true GPS that works with TomTom, Garmin, Google etc. After this, I gave my car TomTom to a friend because my Diamond does a better job, never worry again about someone break the car window for the GPS.
4) VGA screen that really does Remote Desktop and web. This is my first phone that can do RD for real (use 16 bit color, the default 256 colors won't work).
5) FM radio. Decent reception and sound quality.

If you need these things and if they are missing in Mogul, then you have a clear choice. For just $200, it does pretty much everything and does them very well, it worths every penny. It replaced my camera, GPS, VOIP phone and UMPC/MID for only $288, unbelievable, just my camera alone cost more. Just free VOIP alone will save huge. Anything else, do above things or not, will cost you MUCH more.

Last edited by Fixup; 01-17-2009 at 03:19 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond