PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Taskbar displaying wrong battery percentage (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51582)

JackOTrades 01-03-2009 01:19 AM

Taskbar displaying wrong battery percentage

I've tried doing a search and came up with nothing.

I recently installed grooveROM 2.7 and then did a sprite restore to get programs and settings back, and now the battery meter in the task bar reads 20% when power screen says 100%. I'm guessing that the restore restored a registry key or something that conflicts with something in the grooveROM. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look to fix this (registry or otherwise)?

ou2mame 01-03-2009 04:26 AM

Re: Taskbar displaying wrong battery percentage

restore again and disable merge?

stevedog1 01-03-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackOTrades (Post 614952)
I've tried doing a search and came up with nothing.

I recently installed grooveROM 2.7 and then did a sprite restore to get programs and settings back, and now the battery meter in the task bar reads 20% when power screen says 100%. I'm guessing that the restore restored a registry key or something that conflicts with something in the grooveROM. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look to fix this (registry or otherwise)?

The culprit is most likely the Sprite Restore. Restoring registry settings from a different ROM will definitely cause problems. Hard Reset, and then when restoring, use the advanced mode, and do not restore the registry (uncheck it).

Hope that helps.

rainfreak 01-03-2009 05:25 AM

Restoring the registry is usually a bad idea. Quite often it causes much more harm than good and really only saves you a little time when it comes to reinstalling apps.

I agree with stevedog1, do a hard reset and then do an advanced restore without the registry restore. You should be good to go then...

MrHawaii 01-03-2009 06:00 AM

Check this registry setting.

HKLM/Security/ResOver/Bitmaps

"BatteryIconLevels" if value is set to "21" decimal, change to "101" decimal.

Good luck, I also would not reccomend backing up and restoring registry edits.

JackOTrades 01-03-2009 11:47 AM

Thanks for the help everyone!

I am probably going to hard reset and then figure out how to restore without restoring the registry, but in the mean time, MrHawaii's registry setting did the trick for the battery icon. It is just odd why that setting would get changed to 21, since the backup was from Sprint's stock rom and grooveROM is based on the Sprint rom.

Thanks again, everyone!

JackOTrades 01-03-2009 08:10 PM

I just wanted everyone to know, that the source of the problem was the ez2btaskbar2 icons that I installed. I hard reset the device and instead of doing a restore, I started adding programs to the Diamond manually, and after I installed the icons the taskbar battery icon was messed up like I described. I used MrHawaii's registry fix and that did the trick. Thanks again for the help!

Pencreus 05-07-2009 02:43 AM

You da man! I changed my taskbar and you saved the day!!!