PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem: disabling TF3D=half-blank screen

Everytime I disable TF3D I get a half blank screen..bottom half and have to reset phone to clear....

Is there a trick to get the screen to redraw without resetting? or better yet a fix?

Stock sprint.. with all the various manila edits to make my own themes but this has been a fairly regular and most aggravating problem.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:27 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1
Re: Problem: disabling TF3D=half-blank screen

You have to soft reset. That's how it is with most home screen plug ins.

It usually isn't a problem because most don't toggle TF3D on and off repeatedly. You either want it or don't. So for those that don't they just need to soft reset once, and that's it.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

You do NOT have to reset it. It is an onscreen keyboard error. It pulls up the background of the on screen keyboard but you don't see the keys. All you have to do is find a way to open the keypad which is pretty easy. I had this problem but only when I tried to install custom TF3D apps and when I disabled it, I would get this error. Just use a program to open the on screen keyboard, and when you close the keyboard, the error goes away.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Thank you! I thought I remembered there was a way to get it gone without resetting.... usually the process I'm closing tf3d for requires a reset after the completion making me reset 2x.. Thats heck on the nerves and the battery... well at least it seems the battery runs down when I'm restting constantly.. course it could be because I'm using the phone so much during those processes.. anyway... THANK YOU. Perfect solution since the keyboard icon is right there on the bottom bar when this happens.

Last edited by eenieMINI; 01-03-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

No prob. Honestly this is also one BIG thing I just noticed, switching gears a bit now that that problem is solved...I am using the stock sprint Rom now, I just switched back from Juicy's latest because I just saw no significant difference in performance. Anyway, the X button on my stock sprint rom running TF3D, NEVER closes applications, even when I have "close programs when I tap the X button" checked, OR when I have "close programs when I tap and hold the X button" checked....NEVER does it close applications which obviously wears down the battery quickly when you realize you have Google Maps, GPS, Opera, Divx Player, Email, Aim, and SMS all open because you thoght you closed them by tapping X. Has this happened to ANYONE else, I feel like starting a thread about it. I have had the same "major battery issues" with the Diamond as everyone else but but noticed that they are in no way consistent, it wears down at random times, this could be contributing to the problem.

Last edited by JQuill; 01-03-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:03 AM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

Hmm... mine is fine that way. I'm sure you've tried soft reset right after selecting the option.. maybe deselect to close app..soft reset, reselect the close app soft reset and see if it sticks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Could be the combination of custom manilla stuff as well, I'll test it out a few diff. ways thanks.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:09 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
You do NOT have to reset it. It is an onscreen keyboard error.
I stand corrected. Good advice.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

yeah....keyboard button @ the bottom of the screen gives it away.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

And I was so frustrated I was blind to it.. but nevermore!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond