PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 07:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DaveNagy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need you Guru's for this...

I only need to do two things (at most) to close a program. Use the "X" in the top right-hand corner to make the program at least minimize itself, and then on the home (Today) screen, tap that little icon at the top right to display all running programs. (Looks like 3 lines and a down arrow.) From there you can kill (or switch to) any programs that are running. But I just let things run if I think I might need them again. I haven't noticed any problems arising from that. (I suppose it depends on the program.)

I guess that's three things.

Hmm, I wonder if that task manager thingie was added to the Juicy ROM. It looks pretty stock, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuznuts View Post
@ Dave: in regard to which aspects seem slow...its pretty much all of it truthfully. It isnt all the time, but the thing that really sucks is the fact that I have to go through about 6 steps just to really close a program. Regarding Hulu...is it free? I know youtube is...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNagy View Post
I only need to do two things (at most) to close a program. Use the "X" in the top right-hand corner to make the program at least minimize itself, and then on the home (Today) screen, tap that little icon at the top right to display all running programs. (Looks like 3 lines and a down arrow.) From there you can kill (or switch to) any programs that are running. But I just let things run if I think I might need them again. I haven't noticed any problems arising from that. (I suppose it depends on the program.)

I guess that's three things.

Hmm, I wonder if that task manager thingie was added to the Juicy ROM. It looks pretty stock, but who knows.
You can add/remove the task manager on the top right by going to Start>Settings>Task Manager> Buttons. There is also options there for use X to close or use X to minimize.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:54 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fuznuts is a n00b

damn i love a good forum with people who are all in it to help eachother out. Thanks guys. Any particular rom/internet programs that anyone recommends for watching streaming stuff? seems like internet explorer is kind of ****ty on this phone too, and opera, though a little sexier, is pretty ****ty too :/

Until i get your opinions, i'll continue searching the forums
Old 12-30-2008, 10:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fuznuts is a n00b

alright...now i am thoroughkly pissed as it says that i need flash player v.9 to be able to stream hulu on my system, but flash's sight says my Platform is not supported...
Old 12-30-2008, 11:09 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

try skyfire ... it's in open beta now and a lot of people swear by it.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 12-31-2008, 12:39 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
try skyfire ... it's in open beta now and a lot of people swear by it.

Amen, only way to fly if you're looking to use flash to stream.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

skyfire is a free download and lets you watch sites like hulu straight from the browser. i use it all the time with my diamond and it works great. you can also use it to watch abc, cbs, nbc...........anything that you need a flash player for.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:58 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

fuznuts is a n00b

bad ***
thanks fellas

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond