PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2008, 10:40 PM
munsterrr's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Next room over
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 168
Reputation: 50
munsterrr is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to munsterrr
picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve

when sending or recieving picture mail it always takes longer than i do to do both....

any fixes for this?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2008, 10:57 PM
asapelectric's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 317
Reputation: 115
asapelectric is keeping up the good workasapelectric is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by munsterrr View Post
when sending or recieving picture mail it always takes longer than i do to do both....

any fixes for this?
Are u using smms by Someguy? That works for me.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2008, 10:57 PM
drobins9's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Reputation: 0
drobins9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by munsterrr View Post
when sending or recieving picture mail it always takes longer than i do to do both....

any fixes for this?

Receiing I just get a link so it comes through as quick as any text message. Sending, on the other hand, is about 25/75 for me. About 25% of the time it goes through promptly. The other 75% of the time it goes through a day or two later, or not at all.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2008, 11:10 PM
iamjasonc's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Location: TN
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 129
Reputation: 25
iamjasonc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobins9 View Post
Receiing I just get a link so it comes through as quick as any text message. Sending, on the other hand, is about 25/75 for me. About 25% of the time it goes through promptly. The other 75% of the time it goes through a day or two later, or not at all.

The stock sprint app really frustrated me until I figured out this trick.

After sending, just leave it on the screen that says "Your Message is being sent"

You'll see your EV bars flashing going from like 4 to 0 to 3, then it'll switch to 1X then back to EV. This all takes about 20 seconds. After all that is done, hit the "Continue" button at the bottom, and your message should have gone through already.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2008, 11:15 PM
asapelectric's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 317
Reputation: 115
asapelectric is keeping up the good workasapelectric is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve

I just tested mine again ( havent used on new rom yet ) ,my wife got it right away , Diss Sprint ,all you need is Someguy smms.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2008, 01:23 AM
munsterrr's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: Next room over
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 168
Reputation: 50
munsterrr is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to munsterrr
Re: picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjasonc View Post
The stock sprint app really frustrated me until I figured out this trick.

After sending, just leave it on the screen that says "Your Message is being sent"

You'll see your EV bars flashing going from like 4 to 0 to 3, then it'll switch to 1X then back to EV. This all takes about 20 seconds. After all that is done, hit the "Continue" button at the bottom, and your message should have gone through already.
if you had a trick for receiving also that would be great. smms huh?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2008, 01:27 AM
ou2mame's Avatar
i don't miss blackberry
Offline
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,268
Reputation: 900
ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve

if you're receiving them as a text, then you didn't install the picturemail update from sprint's website.....?

i use sprint's app to receive it, and smms to send. they get sent right away with smms. i've had so many problems sending pictures with sprint's app that its virtually pointless to bother sending it.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2008, 01:28 AM
asapelectric's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 317
Reputation: 115
asapelectric is keeping up the good workasapelectric is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by munsterrr View Post
if you had a trick for receiving also that would be great. smms huh?
ABSOLUTELY it works.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2008, 01:52 AM
AL_CAPONE_187's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Tp2
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 120
Reputation: 55
AL_CAPONE_187 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve

mine dont come in right and it wont let me save it. it saves as a .dl file or something lik that. wats up wit that?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:24 AM
asapelectric's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 317
Reputation: 115
asapelectric is keeping up the good workasapelectric is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve

sMMS Picture Mail Composer t=someguy+smms+app
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com