PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51038)

munsterrr 12-29-2008 10:40 PM

picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve

when sending or recieving picture mail it always takes longer than i do to do both....

any fixes for this?

asapelectric 12-29-2008 10:57 PM

Re: picture mail taking a day plus to send and recieve

Quote:

Originally Posted by munsterrr (Post 607137)
when sending or recieving picture mail it always takes longer than i do to do both....

any fixes for this?

Are u using smms by Someguy? That works for me.:mrgreen:

drobins9 12-29-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munsterrr (Post 607137)

any fixes for this?

Receiing I just get a link so it comes through as quick as any text message. Sending, on the other hand, is about 25/75 for me. About 25% of the time it goes through promptly. The other 75% of the time it goes through a day or two later, or not at all.

iamjasonc 12-29-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drobins9 (Post 607177)
Receiing I just get a link so it comes through as quick as any text message. Sending, on the other hand, is about 25/75 for me. About 25% of the time it goes through promptly. The other 75% of the time it goes through a day or two later, or not at all.

The stock sprint app really frustrated me until I figured out this trick.

After sending, just leave it on the screen that says "Your Message is being sent"

You'll see your EV bars flashing going from like 4 to 0 to 3, then it'll switch to 1X then back to EV. This all takes about 20 seconds. After all that is done, hit the "Continue" button at the bottom, and your message should have gone through already.

asapelectric 12-29-2008 11:15 PM

I just tested mine again ( havent used on new rom yet ) ,my wife got it right away , Diss Sprint ,all you need is Someguy smms.

munsterrr 12-30-2008 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjasonc (Post 607211)
The stock sprint app really frustrated me until I figured out this trick.

After sending, just leave it on the screen that says "Your Message is being sent"

You'll see your EV bars flashing going from like 4 to 0 to 3, then it'll switch to 1X then back to EV. This all takes about 20 seconds. After all that is done, hit the "Continue" button at the bottom, and your message should have gone through already.

if you had a trick for receiving also that would be great. smms huh?

ou2mame 12-30-2008 01:27 AM

if you're receiving them as a text, then you didn't install the picturemail update from sprint's website.....?

i use sprint's app to receive it, and smms to send. they get sent right away with smms. i've had so many problems sending pictures with sprint's app that its virtually pointless to bother sending it.

asapelectric 12-30-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munsterrr (Post 607561)
if you had a trick for receiving also that would be great. smms huh?

ABSOLUTELY it works.:)

AL_CAPONE_187 12-30-2008 01:52 AM

mine dont come in right and it wont let me save it. it saves as a .dl file or something lik that. wats up wit that?

asapelectric 12-30-2008 02:24 AM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...22509&highligh t=someguy+smms+app